311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i gottem..

Brand: SPORT MAX Racing 962
Finish: Gun Metal With Machine Lip.
Size: 2 Rims 18X7.5 26.2 lbs each offset is +38
Size: 2 Rims 18X8.5 28.8 lbs each offset is +35
Bolt Pattern: 4X100 and 4X114.3 (4.5")

And I went to Costco and got my tires mounted.. Then it came to lifting up the car and installing the rims.. unfortunately.. the 18x8.5 is too wide.. :( and i guess it rubs up against the frame of the car.. so the rims dont fit.. then i tried puttin' the 18x7.5 in the rear.. and wala.. they fit.. but i dnt want the wider rim in the front.. :( so i guess i'm going to need spacers.. my uncle told me that if i were to get spacers.. 1/4 inch spacer will work but i'll prolly have to change the studs.. for safety.. any idea on where i can get some 1/4 inch spacers? thanks guys for all your help in advance..

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I don't have spacers on mine but I have read on this site that One Ton Garage has spacers. Maybe check them out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i saw some spacers online.. and my local autozone and napa auto parts have some.. imma give 'em a try.. do you think i should replaced my studs?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
are they (rim) rubbing that little nub on the rear axle section towards the front? I had to take a grinder and grind that nub off to keep my rims from grinding. Grind it prime it and shoot some flat black paint on it if thats what it is rubbing.

There are a few others with them rims on here, they may of had the same problem.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You can run up to a 5mm spacer without longer studs.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Squirrel and Matty both had those wheels at one time, but they were running 18x8.5 frt/ 18x9.5 rear with a +35 offset. Not sure if they had any issues with rubbing......

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I don't have spacers in the rear w/ my 8.5 inch wide 962, but I have the camber plates. I would go w/ the One Ton Garage rear spacer. IIRC, its $65 delivered USPS Priority Mail.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
I don't have spacers in the rear w/ my 8.5 inch wide 962, but I have the camber plates. I would go w/ the One Ton Garage rear spacer. IIRC, its $65 delivered USPS Priority Mail.
I forgot that you had 8.5's on the rear Bro! :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have the same wheels but in the rear im running 18X 9.5 with the OTG spacers but had to roll the fender just a lil bit but you should be fine after getting the OTG spacers bro.... oh and im still using my stock wheel studs also

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
I forgot that you had 8.5's on the rear Bro! :eek:
Its all good Dion, I'll have the 9.5s on soon enough!

·
Registered
352 Posts
member on my team has same wheels. only way to stop rubbing was the 3 degree camber plates

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i went to oneongarage.com .. and sent an email.. hopefully i can get those spacers :) thanks guys!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got the shim spacers from onetongarage ill be installing them either thursday or friday.. and have pics for u guys soon! thanks a lot guys for your help!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts