Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Well Im driving a 2005 COROLLA S! Actually its a pretty cool car and it goes FAST!!! Sometimes I really wonder how Im going to drive the box after riding in somewhat comfort! The ride is great! It has a sunroof too and best of all! Im getting FREE gas from Toyota!!!! :D With gas at 2.95 here thats a big deal!!

BUT nothing compares to how much I miss my box! I feel like I had a new baby and its sick or something. Its weird to be attached to a car KWIM??

Sat night while I was driving hubbies home after my Aunts wedding, I got REAL jealous....some guy jumped out of his SUV right on Las Vegas Blvd and Tropicana and was taking pics of the box!!!! Even had the NERVE {;)} to ask me to put the windows up! lol He was stoked!!! Said thats one of the best looking boxes hes ever seen! Gave me all the credit LMAO until he saw "the dead guy" on the passengers seat! lol I told him it was his box and he said to give him mad props. BUT I have to admit his box is HOT!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Glad they are fixing your box on their dime, not yours. Sad not having your brand new baby at home, but if the wiring was going to have some sort of big problem, it's best that it happened right away and close by. When they get through putting in a new wiring harness, your baby will probably be better than new - the techs doing this will be taking their time and doing it right - not a car every three minutes or something. :)

Out of 28 cars I've owned, I've had ONE with a defective wiring harness from the factory. Mine was intermittant, so it took them a long time to finally find the problem, but when they finally nailed it, they replaced the harness and the job they did was so neat it could have been used as an illustration in a 'how to' book (How to Build a Jeep Cherokee, Vol. 1).

My harness problem was "exciting" 'cause it caused the car to randomly and without warning ramp up to full throttle. Every time they replaced some new electronic box and it stopped doing that, I'd get it back, thinking it fixed, and WHAM! next day or next week it would be "off to the races" again.

After they finally got it fixed, the head mechanic at that dealership said he hoped he NEVER saw that Jeep again.

About a month later the wife and I whipped that Jeep up in front of his service bay, and I kept the engine revs up when I stopped. You shoulda seen his face - looked like he was ready to break and run. :D At that point I shut the car down and we went around to the back of it and got out the catered feast we'd just picked up for the service department. We'd arranged with the owner of the dealership to take over their lunchroom and left them with enough goodies to feed 'em for a week.

Anyway, it will feel SO good to get your baby back safe and sound. Keep in mind, she's probably missing YOU, TOO. :D

Tom

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Thanks Tomas!

They're not exactly piecing one together, I guess its just that since this isn't known to happen they dont have them just "in stock" so they have to have one created. That does scare me, dont get me wrong. Nothing I can do tho. I asked for a new car and I've made several phone calls and came up with the same answer, the car is mine whether it breaks down the first day or in five years makes NO difference.

I just cant wait to get my car back!! I miss cruising around in my box!! The days are going by tooooo slow!!!! :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Glad to hear that you'll be getting the Box back good as new and that they are hooking you up while they have it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
Well guys! Now I have a Scion Troubleshooter involved!

My mother in law is involved as I said bc she was on my other box and it never showed paid off, she paid it off btw, but its still open and she was getting no where with the dealership so she contacted Toyota who put her in contact with a Scion rep that deals with the BS! She should be calling me on Monday! She told my MIL that they should have taken my box back and sold me another one right then!! Further investigation is seeming to prove they really dont know whats wrong with my box! :(

Im starting to hate the whole car buying experience! I might have to go to another dealership and start over!!

I'll keep you informed!! :)

BTW the ONLY good thing right now is that Im financed by Toyota Motor!! Hopefully that will work in my favor somehow! My box is totally striped of interior and dash...it looks the way Ive seen boxes when they get bags! Scary!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I don't know what the law is like where you are, but your xB qualifies as a "lemon" under state law here is Washington, which would require them to buy that vehicle back from you with no loss to you...

If you are so inclined you might want to look into that with your state AG's office... might even be a full explanation on-line for your state as there is for mine...

Good luck!
Tom

Just found the Cali Lemon Law booklet on-line (I'm assuming you are in Cali):
http://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/pdf_files/lemonaid2005.pdf

In Cali:
The Lemon Law presumes that a vehicle is a “lemon”
if the following criteria are met within 18 months of
delivery to the buyer or lessee or 18,000 miles on the
vehicle’s odometer, whichever comes first:
1. The manufacturer or its agents have made four or more
attempts to repair the same warranty problem, or the vehicle
has been out of service for more than 30 days (not necessarily
all at the same time) while being repaired for any number of
warranty problems...
There are other ways for it to qualify, too, but the 'in the shop for 30 days or more' is common in most lemon laws.

Tom

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Im gonna remember to look that up Monday morning before I talk to Scion. So I know what MY rights are!!

This is BS!!!!!

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.