Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
James what are you referring too? :confused:
There is a rubber gasket on the rocker skirts. On yours (and on my RS1) it is painted to match the car. On James' (and my wife's RS3) it's black/gray. Don't really know why that is!

Anyway, the parts department at your dealership probably needs to wait for Toyota/Scion to MAKE a wiring harness for you. Those things aren't usually sitting around somewhere since they fail so rarely.

The only time I've seen one replaced on any Toyota product was after an accident.

Sorry this had to happen to you, but it will be good as new soon enough!

-Alex

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Can you show me a picture?? I really have no clue what you're talking about or where to look on my husbands box either. Im curious now!!

THANKS SUSIE! And Dion!!!!

ALEX: they told me they needed to wait for all the parts to come in bc these just arent things they "keep handy" and they are just in disbelief that this has happened and yet on a NEW car! They're being really great but it would have been NICE of them to OFFER to install my grille since Toyota doesnt do that anymore...they sell them but thats it....they quoted me ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY FIVE BUCKS to put it on!!!! :eek: :eek: Something about having to do it a different way now since the air bag sensors are now in the way!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Can you show me a picture?? I really have no clue what you're talking about or where to look on my husbands box either. Im curious now!!
Look along the top of your side skirts. See the white strip? It runs along the top of the skirts to fill in the gap.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
LOL

I hope you're telling me to look at the picture! :p Cuz I cant look at my box! ;)
I am sooooooooooooo biting my tongue:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
LOL

I hope you're telling me to look at the picture! :p Cuz I cant look at my box! ;)
You STILL have a yellow one, duh!

Look at it instead, the filler strip is in the same place. (Along the top of the skirt, just below the doors.)

See it now?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You guys are turning my box into something nasty!!!

STOP IT!!!! :mad:

HOLD ON! I'll look right now!

Nope dont see what you're talking about and D's rocker panels are all yellow and everything around them is yellow!

BUNCH of lazy ass men who cant seem to post up a pic to show a WOMAN what the hell they MIGHT be talking about! Sheesh why am I not surprised!!!

All you guys have on your mind is box!!! In my case its the wrong damn box of course! We're never on the same page! :rolleyes:

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Cravin said:
All this talk of boxes and tongues you would think its time for a bucket of chicken. anyone want some legs, thighs and breasts? :p
Bucket-o-chicken...yeah that's it...lmao

I'm sorry to hear about this Sherri, that is a total bummer!!! I hope they don't give you anymore hassle over this.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks Jeff!

It really sucks! Then I got called to come in for my green slip to get my registration and it was soooo depressing not having a new car to drive off in with the slip! Making it official I got financed!! I hope the next couple of weeks go by fast!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
You guys are turning my box into something nasty!!!

STOP IT!!!! :mad:

HOLD ON! I'll look right now!

Nope dont see what you're talking about and D's rocker panels are all yellow and everything around them is yellow!

BUNCH of lazy ass men who cant seem to post up a pic to show a WOMAN what the hell they MIGHT be talking about! Sheesh why am I not surprised!!!

All you guys have on your mind is box!!! In my case its the wrong damn box of course! We're never on the same page! :rolleyes:
How are you NOT seeing it? It's a gasket! It's hard to photograph, but even harder to miss! If his is color-matched, you may be overlooking it...

Just run your fingers across the top of the side skirt, it fills the gap between the body and the skirt.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
WHY are YOU talking to ME like THAT???????????

You've seen his box RECENTLY I MIGHT FREAKING ADD!!!!! DID YOU SEE IT??????

BTFREAKINW!!! I dont run MY fingers along NO skirts!!!!!! :p :p :p

MEN! We dont all think like youse guys do!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
WHY are YOU talking to ME like THAT???????????

You've seen his box RECENTLY I MIGHT FREAKING ADD!!!!! DID YOU SEE IT??????

BTFREAKINW!!! I dont run MY fingers along NO skirts!!!!!! :p :p :p

MEN! We dont all think like youse guys do!!!!!
It's just a gasket to fill the gap where the SIDE skirt attaches to body, okay? No innuendos meant.

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
It's just a gasket to fill the gap where the SIDE skirt attaches to body, okay? No innuendos meant.
Important point to make here is that you didn't notice it on your hubbies box, so that means that you dont have to worry about it, because if it where grey you would have easily noticed it by now.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Oh ok!

Dion....I didnt read any innuendos I read MALE ATTITUDE!!! Which I DO NOT take kindly too!!! And YOU know this maaaannn!!!!! ;)

No I think its yellow on his white on mine but I like I said I cant speak for mine right now. :rolleyes: "broken hearted xB owner here"

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
boxd_up_2 said:
Important point to make here is that you didn't notice it on your hubbies box, so that means that you dont have to worry about it, because if it where grey you would have easily noticed it by now.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Oh ok!

Dion....I didnt read any innuendos I read MALE ATTITUDE!!! Which I DO NOT take kindly too!!! And YOU know this maaaannn!!!!! ;)

No I think its yellow on his white on mine but I like I said I cant speak for mine right now. :rolleyes: "broken hearted xB owner here"
Guess it was something about the "skirt" thang!

No more male attitude than what was sensed as your "female one." We cool?

21 - 40 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.