Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bad News for me! UPDATED!

My main wiring harness burnt up in my box!!

Of course they are going to TRY and say its MY fault bc I put in different colored blinkers!! {same number that I found in my manual just different color} But the blinker housing and wires are fine. Its something under the dash! DUH I told them it started smoking when I tried to use the damn heater! It blew out all my fuses! They said I tried to change my radio! YEAH in two days OK!

I guess Ill know more on Monday when they have it "investigated"!! They have to find the source of the initial burn that made the other wires melt!

I have a feeling Im in for a long slow ride! :mad:

I'll keep you all updated but supposedly this has never happened before, only on Corollas when guess what, they changed the light bulbs! LOL HAHA yeah right!! :rolleyes:

Anyone hear of a box burning up the main wiring system bc of lights without burnt up wires???

Then AFTER initial diagnose they put on the spoiler and fog lights and MIGHT try to put on my grille and not charge me. We'll see!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're probably going to try everything in their power to say it was something I did!

Whatever Im so over Scions right now! :(

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
They're probably going to try everything in their power to say it was something I did!

Whatever Im so over Scions right now! :(
Easy does it! Wait for next week before you give up.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That is sooooooooo like a dealer. I'm not an expert but I don't see any way changing the color of your bulbs could cause any kind of damage. Sorry to hear that you're having this problem but try to have a happy Easter anyway. Tell the neighbor kids you hid plastic eggs with money in them somewhere in the area and have fun watching look for eggs that aren't there! :eek:

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Wow sorry to hear this. I hope everything turns out ok. Try to have a Happy Easter ok.

Take Care

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
This happened in your brand new box?!?! How could that happen?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Did you take it back to the dealer with the Colored bulbs installed? Should of switched them back and they would've never known.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I forgot to remove the bulb BUT I got the number from my owners manual. Why is it listed if you cant use the number to buy bulbs?? :confused:

BUT they already checked and said that it didnt happen from there. The bulb housing and the wires from there are GOOD still!

The techs thought I tried to change my radio.... NOPE! The radio is cool and I one reason I traded in was for steering wheel controls so that makes NO sense of course they dont have to believe me but Im sure when they remove the dash they'll be able to tell I didnt touch that part of the box.

My biggest fear right now is them lying to me so they dont have to fix it. I dont trust dealerships and I have NO doubt they'll try to get out of it for some reason. IF thats the case then the Platinum warranty I purchased also means NOTHING!

I'll let you all know after I go over there today after work. Unless they call me at work today like they said.

:(

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i hope all goes well it really sucks they will put you through that. for a dealership to blame little small insignificant parts for the malfunction is bullsh*t. honestly if u have any other warranty issues take it to longo. they are pretty fixed up car friendly there. other toyota dealerships tried pulling the same crap with me with my old show car and the problems that came up had nothing to do with the modifications and they still tried to blame it on that. i threatened to call toyota corp with their accusations and they fixed the problem real quick free of charge. one of the reasons why they try to get u to think its your fault and you pay for it is because they make more moeny on private repair than on corporate warranties. that and the warranty payment for them is delayed while w/ a private repair you pay up front. so be careful and argue it to the bitter end =)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!!

So far they've said its my main wiring harness and they replace parts they dont fix them so they need to get them in.

They said they'll have my box for two or three weeks!!! :eek: :eek:

BUT they are redoing the WHOLE wiring thruout the whole box!! :D

Sad tho I only had it TWO DAYS!!! :(

·
Registered
827 Posts
That sucks.:( I hope it gets better for you, at least they are gonna warranty it. If it happens two more times, you get a new box though.

Damn I love those rims.......

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry to hear about the box.

They won't really re-wire it by hand, they will just order the harness and plug it in.

I worked for NUMMI ( the Toyota Plant in Fremont) for almost 13 years repairing of all things , their wiring. It really only takes about 45 min to replace it, 2 weeks to order it. Sure hope they find what really caused it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah they said it takes two to three weeks to get "all the parts in from all over the country" whatever!!! lol

I guess its better safe than sorry.

Did you guys notice *NO front license plate holes!!* :D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
xjeepguy said:
That sucks.:( I hope it gets better for you, at least they are gonna warranty it. If it happens two more times, you get a new box though.

Damn I love those rims.......

THANK YOU!!! Took me several months to get those babies!!!! :)

They do compliment PW well tho. :eek:

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
sherri i'm sorry to hear that. the box does look great though i love the wheels. why is it that everyone elses rubber stip on the side skirts. matches theri car and i got stuck with ugly gray!!!:mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.