Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car back from the body shop. Exterior looks good. Interior looks like they were sanding with the windows down! And you know how hard it is to clean that black plastic. ARGHH!!!:eek:

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
good luck w/ dust

one of the other threads in here said a microfiber cloth dampened worked best to get the $%^&^$$ little dimples clean.:D :eek:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cravin said:
You shoulda asked Hal to close those pod bay doors Dave...... :D
That's funny! But yeah, I've been using micro fibers since the ride was new. This s**t is everywhere. Door seals seem particularly hard to clean. The dash is looking better after two cleanings. I'm still trying to figure out why there was muddy type dirt on the rubber side of the driver floor mat. They must've turned it upside down to keep the carpet side clean? Paint looks good though. It's like a hot rod sports car compared to the rental car. God I love this thing.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Hey Dave glad you got it back. Hope mine don't get the same mess inside but if it does I'll prolly blow it off too just get it home again...:D Why hassle it I'd do a much more detailed cleaning anyway. Mine goes in Monday. Did the paint and everything look good? Hopefully no bondo on yours. I told the shop no bondo job they said no they pull the dents then heat and shrink the metal to remove ripples and grantee it as long as I own the car. Wish you lived closer I'd help ya detail it. Peace bro.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
sdsnybny said:
one of the other threads in here said a microfiber cloth dampened worked best to get the $%^&^$$ little dimples clean.:D :eek:
Hey they work great. I use them for windows and interior even have a large one I use to dry after washing the box. Great for the wheels too they don't scratch your paint like some towels do.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carl, the paint looks good. I just don't understand how the inside got so dusty. Oh well, at least she's home.:eek:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You really should have had them detail the interior, that's just poor workmanship. At least your stuff looks good. I went to pick up my body kit the other day and it was the wrong color! They will be painting it again next week. I'm leaving my gas door so they can color match it. I gave them the paint code (068) but they got it too white. "We don't guarantee a color match" was the response of the manager, his boss however said they will paint match it. Him, I like. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.