Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im in huntington park,ca... went to pay some bills.. as I pull out of the driveway I see a cop pull behind me... out of nowhere i see the blue/red lights flash me.. i pull over to the side... cop asked me for driver's license,registration, insurance.. i hand him the stuff.. he says " the reason i stopped you was because you have a modified exhaust pipe "... i have revision court on feb.2 .... ive already put the stock muffler on the car but i still feel a part of it missing :( ( the exhaust sound as i drive on the 5 ) .... i seemed to have lost the silencer of the exhaust.. that might have been the reason the cop stopped me, but i was doing like 15mph b4 he stopped me, hence not making much sound.. but yeah... any suggestions on what i may install on it to still gimme the sound but not attract (cop) attention?? ... I'll post pics of the exhaust pipe i had on the box later on... but yeah.. if any suggestions, hit me up...[COLOR="black"][/COLOR]

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Im in huntington park,ca... went to pay some bills.. as I pull out of the driveway I see a cop pull behind me... out of nowhere i see the blue/red lights flash me.. i pull over to the side... cop asked me for driver's license,registration, insurance.. i hand him the stuff.. he says " the reason i stopped you was because you have a modified exhaust pipe "... i have revision court on feb.2 .... ive already put the stock muffler on the car but i still feel a part of it missing :( ( the exhaust sound as i drive on the 5 ) .... i seemed to have lost the silencer of the exhaust.. that might have been the reason the cop stopped me, but i was doing like 15mph b4 he stopped me, hence not making much sound.. but yeah... any suggestions on what i may install on it to still gimme the sound but not attract (cop) attention?? ... I'll post pics of the exhaust pipe i had on the box later on... but yeah.. if any suggestions, hit me up...[COLOR="black"][/COLOR]

Ill also have the exhaust pipe for local pick up sale... its a fat exhaust tip with the tube that goes to the main catalyc.. ill post pics up soon...

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Sucks man. Dunno why there's so many wacky laws in Cali anyways....

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awww man, did you got busted by the San Marino cops? I got a dozen tickets from them for my previous car. Yup, it's stupid because they got nothing better to do (less crime in San Marino), so they bust people for fix-up tickets.
Nah... more like in downtown los angeles... i wasnt even cruising it... just a daily routine.... and now... my car feels empty... its just prolly gonna be 20 bucks to get it checked... but iono.. :(

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
You can just go to any donut shop where there is a cop..:D :D LOL and ask if they will sign off your ticket. Then you can take that to the court to show it was fixed. Been a long time since I had a fix it ticket so not sure of the fine. If you see the Judge it will be less. If you pay at the window they can't cut the fine only Judge can. You can call the court and ask what the fine is.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can just go to any donut shop where there is a cop..:D :D LOL and ask if they will sign off your ticket. Then you can take that to the court to show it was fixed. Been a long time since I had a fix it ticket so not sure of the fine. If you see the Judge it will be less. If you pay at the window they can't cut the fine only Judge can. You can call the court and ask what the fine is.
Got any exhaust pipe mods on ur box?? if so, what cha got?? and gotten tickets on it??

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Yeah just got the TRD set up was on it when I bought it. Nice low sound. No tickets I use to live in Cali (Norwalk,Pasadena,Cucamonga) But now I'm in Southern Oregon they don't bother you much here. Besides I'm an old fart so they don't pay much attension to me...LOL

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, it's great living outside of Cali since you can basically do what you want to your car and not get hassled for it. If you want it over 100db from the exhaust, go for it!

I for one don't like anything above the cali regulation of 93db myself, but eh....some people like em loud

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, it's great living outside of Cali since you can basically do what you want to your car and not get hassled for it. If you want it over 100db from the exhaust, go for it!

I for one don't like anything above the cali regulation of 93db myself, but eh....some people like em loud

yeh.. mines was loud in general... but not at the time when i took off from the parking lot... im guessing the cop just robotically scanned my car and saw that aftermarket item.. damm a**hole.. :(

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah just got the TRD set up was on it when I bought it. Nice low sound. No tickets I use to live in Cali (Norwalk,Pasadena,Cucamonga) But now I'm in Southern Oregon they don't bother you much here. Besides I'm an old fart so they don't pay much attension to me...LOL

I dont think that routine works with us south central l.a ppl... i have to go get it inspected at some inspection point that the cops setup... :/

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sorry about the ticket.

I tend to think cops don't write tickets for loud exhaust, they write tickets for exhaust that sounds like crap.

Here is my advice to you.....

Do a search for exhaust and look for threads I have participated in. The reason why I am having you do this is I have built my own cat-back exhaust system and it sounds great. It is louder that stock by a fair amount, but since it sounds nice I never get hasseled for it.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry about the ticket.

I tend to think cops don't write tickets for loud exhaust, they write tickets for exhaust that sounds like crap.

Do a search for exhaust and look for threads I have participated in. The reason why I am having you do this is I have built my own cat-back exhaust system and it sounds great. It is louder that stock by a fair amount, but since it sounds nice I never get hasseled for it.
Well the exhaust sounded good... this was actually the second i put in cus the other i had on it sounded like crap... it had a low crisp sound as opposed to the other one that sounded like a blender... yet again.. cops in l.are just a**holes.. Think flowmasters will do??

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sorry about the ticket.

^^^^That's the dumbist thing I've heard on here.^^^^

He didn't get the ticket because of the type of sound. He didn't get the ticket because the cops are pricks. He got the ticket for breaking the stupid California laws. If you had your exhaust in CA ctruss, you would get one too. Like I said, CA sucks.
That's one of the reasons I moved from Glendora, don't like all the laws. I could run straight pipes with no cat. and never be messed with, I can also tint my front windows and not get messed with up here :p

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.