Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about ordering the B&M short throw shifter for my b. I was wondering if anyone has one already and how they like it. Please let me know what everyone thinks and passed experiences with this product. Thanks Brad

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I have a b&m shifter. I really like the stock length of the shifter but the throw is shortened so you dont have to reach down for it.
Installation was fairly easy except getting the shifter assy retaining ring off was a minor pain it took me about 30 min.and a couple of screwdrivers (the tools not the beverage) to pry it off. But I have been using it now for a few months with no problems.
As a bonus it also comes with steel bushings to relace the rubber stock ones.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Well I just installed a TWM short shifter on his xB, and IMO it's too short. It has an amazingly short throw, but it's too damn low!

The B&M shortens the throw, but keeps the stock height (you can still use an armrest), best of both worlds. I'll be buying the B&M soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies I went ahead and ordered it yesterday. I got it off ebay for 140.00 shipped to my house so if you guys are interested let me know I can give you the users name...

·
Registered
55 Posts
is it fairly easy to install a SS?? I am a moderate DIY person and can do many things with autos but I worry that I might mess this up and cause my whole tranny to mess up. BTW- Is the B&M SS stock height or a lil bit lower?

·
Registered
49 Posts
the b&m is stock hight and a breeze to install i did mine in less then an hour theirs a diy on SL that helped some but the instructions with the b&m ss are great

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so I installed this yesterday. It is not very hard at all if you have all the right tools. I dont have a very big tool collection but I made due with what I had and it wasnt hard at all.. As far as the performance of the shifter I think it is a good investment.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
odd thing, I didn't get any instructions with my B&M short shifter.

I really don't need them, but it's just odd.

Oh, it comes with metal base bushings, so if anyone wants some CorSport metal base bushings, let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.