Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here have a Tsudo axle-back exhast? If so, would you recommend it? Somebody has offered me a new one for $100.

Thanks,
Laz

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If you don't have one, and just want the sound, I'd say get it. 100 bucks ain't bad. I remember in another thread though, that if you want the best gains, the JIC system is the one to get.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have one. It depends on what you want

I got mine off E-Bay for around $130ish plus shipping. I have an auto and I noticed a definite improvement in both the performance and sound. I’m not too familiar with the other brands out there, but I don’t think you’ll find a new axle-back in that price range from anyone else. It is bolt on, but heads up the installer did have to monkey with it a little to get it on. Also, if you’re building a show car you might not get as much respect as if you were running a Magnaflow or other main brand.

Bottom line, if you’re looking for the best bang for your buck I think Tsudo is a good option. I would hit up E-bay and see what they’re running there before you finalize the deal; you might be able to get the price down more.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I used to have a Tsubo exhaust system on my 1998 Prelude. It sounded pretty good, finish was nice, but the fit was only about 75%. I had to modify the bumper toget it to fit right. Otherwise, for the money it was great. I've never actually seen the Tsubo on an xB.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
i got the tsudo on ebay as well. Sounds pretty good, got kinda loud after about 1k miles but sounds nice now with the silencer. The only downside ot mine is the silencer is not all that attractive. has a "two part" silencer sord of. Adjusts the sound a little but isnt pretty. Easy to install. little tweaking, noticeable gains. 100 bucks, sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
payed $140 shipped for mine. no complaints. sounds nice, gains werent too noticable but then again i dont think a name brand one will give you too much either. i may upgrade in the future, but for now wanted the look and the sound and didnt have the $ to spend on a name brand and Tsudo was the only knockoff i found to be worth spending the money on.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.