Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Damn, even with 8.8" wide tires, i didn't think those 9" wide wheels would stretch it that much...Does anybody make 225/35? If you had that would you still have had to trim and roll the fender?

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
hip-2b-sqr said:
Just got my widetracks on too. Monster lips!

A little rear fender rolling work to get them in the hole, but hey, tight is good!
Nice move, Barry! :cool:

I'll have to change my old pics of your box for these now.

Attachments

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Looking good Barry!

I have Falken 225/35-18s on my 9.5s.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
hip-2b-sqr said:
The tires are toyo proxes;
front = 215/35/18
rear = 225/40/18

The rear tires could be a little lower profile and they would fit better, but I wanted that raked looked.
You are running 18x8 front and 18x9 in the rear correct???... what offsets are you running if you dont mine me asking. Also are you running any spacers or the OTG shims??

Thats look really good on your car.....

G

·
Not sure about the offsets. Nilo (XBBOY) form Scion Evolution odered them for me through the SE member deals. I will check on it and post back later.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Being that the 120s are 9" wide i would think you have to run the shims. i have the 80s on the back and i'm running them. I don't know if you guys know how little space thre is between the wheels and the knob...i don't think i can get one finger in there.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thats crazy, why to they say you have to have a widebody kit then? Well thats even better news.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
Thats crazy, why to they say you have to have a widebody kit then? Well thats even better news.
The way I read it was you have to have a widebody kit to run the 120's up front, you're golden if you want the staggerred look.:D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Taken from the Axis website:

"When we built the Axis Widetrack, we had the Scion xB squarely in our sights as one of the cars that it would look great on with the Maxis Lip System on the rear. We figured the 18x8 with the 90mm lip would be enough, and besides, you can't fit an 18x9 on the rear - there's no way we thought. Well we messed up by thinking and not doing it seems, as Nilo Miranda, the owner of SST (Scion Sport Tuning) and founding member/president of Scion Evolution told James it does work, and bet a Ruth Chris' steak dinner on it. James hates losing almost as much as he hates picking up the check at Ruth Chris', but last night he had to after Nilo brought his xB over and showed James what's up. We're not 110% sure what Nilo means by 'I just had to barely trim it in a few spots', but the trimming he did looks pretty mild, but the stance of this box is nothing but WILD! "

G

·
Nilo set me up with this set of wheels and advised me on what tires would work also. He was not wrong and knew what would fit! The only thing I had to trim was a small amount of fiberglass on the rear portion of the side skirts that attached to the rear wheel well. The wheels actually move forward a little when compressed. The fender rolling took care of the rest. It rears are a very tight fit and it could be better if I had gone with 35's instead of 40's. And no, I am not using shims.

Give Nilo a buz for more info.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Taken from the Axis website:

"When we built the Axis Widetrack, we had the Scion xB squarely in our sights as one of the cars that it would look great on with the Maxis Lip System on the rear. We figured the 18x8 with the 90mm lip would be enough, and besides, you can't fit an 18x9 on the rear - there's no way we thought. Well we messed up by thinking and not doing it seems, as Nilo Miranda, the owner of SST (Scion Sport Tuning) and founding member/president of Scion Evolution told James it does work, and bet a Ruth Chris' steak dinner on it. James hates losing almost as much as he hates picking up the check at Ruth Chris', but last night he had to after Nilo brought his xB over and showed James what's up. We're not 110% sure what Nilo means by 'I just had to barely trim it in a few spots', but the trimming he did looks pretty mild, but the stance of this box is nothing but WILD! "
Time for me to start donating plasma, blood, bone marrow, sperm and whatever else i can get money for.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Agreed

Those are pretty sweet. I never really looked at them before. If they came in all chrome I would be donating my left kidney!

·
Registered
691 Posts

I decided to try the stetched look but I didn't like it so I went and bought new tires.

How did you roll your fenders? Did you use a fender rolling tool or the baseball bat method or what?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
hey does any one have air ride and the 120s or seen it like that. I want these wheels but I still want to lay it out and not rub so I can drive with it down all the way.this is how low I sit now on 18s. and where is a good place to buy them at and does anyone know how much they are.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.