·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I do like them, that's for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Those are nice, and will have really good fitment. Those people that went out and bought those drag dr20s should be kicking themselves now.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to stop by Axis next week and check them out in person. I want the gold but not to sure on the gold color in the pics..........

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Oh yeah, nice option!

·
bB Squad
704 Posts
Anyone heard approximate pricing?

Regardless, I'll be picking up a set for sure!

I'll bet a there'll be a lot of those ugly Sportmax 002s on the market now.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Here is my car with them on in a magazine ad. As for pricing i THINK they will be around $700 for a set. We at Island MotorSports will be picking up a few sets when they come out.

·
bB Squad
704 Posts
MattyRattyPoo said:
As for pricing i THINK they will be around $700 for a set.
Thanks Matty! Very reasonably priced.

Your car looks so correct in that ad! Congrats!

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Matty - Are you running OTG spacers on the rear? and what ire size is in the pic?

·
Registered
916 Posts
EticketXb said:
Matty - Are you running OTG spacers on the rear? and what ire size is in the pic?
Yes im running the OTG spacer in the rear. The ties size in the pic is a little small if you can't tell. Its a 195/45/15 Toyo T1R. I suggest getting either 195/50/15 or 205/50/15 for the best look.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update - Wheels will be stateside late December/ Early January Just got an email from my contacts at Axis.

·
Registered
916 Posts
stankubrick said:
WHy are these so much more expensive than the sportmax 002?
Well they are Axis wheels. Whats better quality? And these wheels are made for the xB unlike the 002's. They fit great unlike the 002's with the front sticking out further than the rear. Your paying for the name the proper fitment.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
MattyRattyPoo said:
Well they are Axis wheels. Whats better quality?
:rofl: Good one Matty. I know you dont believe that yourself.
I hate how they call them "OG" series too. Such BS. Act like you can come up with your design Axis!! I actually like the fitment of the 002s better, because slammed and cambered out theyll look so hot. No one seems to want to do that though. :( Eric is the closest. Just needs to be a lil lower! ;)

I hate how these will be such a fad wheel, just like the 962s, like the 008s, like the 002s, like the new "VIP" sportmaxes will be. Once everyone gets the newest one, then they can bash on the previous ones theyve had.

I for one wont support Axis/Drag/Sportmax stealing other peoples design and implementing inferior quality, but thats the way this game seems to be played.

Sad day.

Scotty

·
Registered
974 Posts
I see what you are saying Scotty, but you gotta look at it from the perspective that most of us see this.

The average car guy can now get those wheels they always dreamed of having yet couldn't afford because those true JDM wheels are so high buck. I for one can't justify spending over $1500 on wheels for my car and that puts the really cool JDM wheels out of my reach.

Scotty, you can still take stock in the fact that although these wheels look SIMILAR to the WORK counterparts, car guys can see the difference.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
i def remember saying something about this in a past thread and nooo one believed me

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
ctruss said:
I see what you are saying Scotty, but you gotta look at it from the perspective that most of us see this.

The average car guy can now get those wheels they always dreamed of having yet couldn't afford because those true JDM wheels are so high buck. I for one can't justify spending over $1500 on wheels for my car and that puts the really cool JDM wheels out of my reach.

Scotty, you can still take stock in the fact that although these wheels look SIMILAR to the WORK counterparts, car guys can see the difference.

the quality is the biggest difference. my 03's when i had them with tires didnt weight much at all. I dont see a problem with spending $1500+ for a set of rims, i dont mind at all when the wheels fit perfectly and exactly how i want them. dont need spacers or anything to make them sit how i want. know what i mean?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts