Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question; is there an all wheel drive xB out there because I have never seen it? - Somebody was telling me that there was one and it sits up a little higher??? Also, I think that I was buying parts or something for my 2006 Xb and I thought that I saw that there was a 3.0 version. Is that the AWD model (if there is one). If there was an AWD one, how come they don't have it on there web site? Just a little curious.

·
Registered
333 Posts
yah the only one is in Japan, its a 1.3 Liter all wheel drive

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nope they never made an AWD xB. They made an AWD bB in Japan, and it was sold over there but never brought here. Ive heard rumors of people bringing them over in parts, but never seen it. Closest I have is the AWD bB rear bumper.

scotty

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Nope... No AWD Scion xB. The only AWD version of our car is from Japan. It was one of the options for the Toyota bB.

The RS 3.0 includes the green paint and an A/V system. The RS 4.0 is out now and includes the "Torched Penny" color shift paint as well as a few other minor goodies like the grill, tail lights, shifter and step appliqué. No AWD in any of the Release Series Scions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I thought about the AWD version, but I guy I work with was aguing with that he saw one at a dealer (I knew that he was full of crap, but just wanted to verify it:) ). When and where was the 3.0 version available? I'm sure that it was a very limited edition. If I knew that there was one, I might have looked into getting one. What did they go for?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The exhaust is on the other side.

Also, I've done a lot of reasearch on this, and you could get the parts imported and put on, though it would cost a pretty penny to do so. No, not just bolted on, you'd have to do some fabricating of parts.

You can also modify the 4wd tercel setup onto the xB with a few custom parts. I was really looking into this for awhile until I saw the 7k pricetag it would cost for the custom fabrication alone.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
that awd rear bumper is pimp! how can i get a hold of one of those? or is it very impossible to get it

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Pretty hard to get the one I have. Alex Millen found it for me and hooked me up. Ive heard of other people finding an outlet on drivers side that matched up with the stock passenger side. For some reason this one didnt match up with the stock passenger side, so Im running the full JDM AWD NCP35 lip. Just a subtle touch that only hardcore xB enthusiasts notices.

scotty

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So does anyone know how much the 3.0 version went for? Was it way more than the 1.5? What were the power specs?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
3.0 version is just a release series for a car. It still had the same 1.5L engine in it like all the others. 3.0 was just green and had screens. Sold for like 17000 or somethin I think. Idk. No Scions in this country has had anything other than 1.5L (1nzfe) engine it from factory. bBs in Japan are standard with a smaller 1.3L, but could opt up to a 1.5L that we have standard here.

scotty

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
3.0 version is just a release series for a car. It still had the same 1.5L engine in it like all the others. 3.0 was just green and had screens. Sold for like 17000 or somethin I think. Idk. No Scions in this country has had anything other than 1.5L (1nzfe) engine it from factory. bBs in Japan are standard with a smaller 1.3L, but could opt up to a 1.5L that we have standard here.

scotty
It's really hard to believe that a 1.3 would belong in that thing; an AWD model no less! AWD tends to slow a vehicle down slightly by causing more drive line resistance. When I first checked out the xB, I fell in love with the size, the cargo area, and the handling, but really didn't like the 1.5 too much. I'm not complaining too much though because there's not much like it (especially in that price range), so I purchased it of course. I truly think that the xB should have came with the 1.8L (slightly more torque and hp). It would be so much more fun to drive and I really don't think that it would've changed the gas mileage any (it's a light vehicle). Toyota seems to mess up with that quite a bit though. Just think if they put a motor in the latest version of the MR2 that was out (something like the 180 HP Celica GTS engine or something in that range); those little MR2s would've sold like hotcakes.:cool:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the awd bb was electric in the rear. So there would be no drive line resistance.

am I right or high????

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree with Ryan. The only thing i would have changed on the xb if it was in my control is a slightly larger engine and yes, the 1.8 liter would be the perfect choice. As far as AWD is concerned, the mileage would not be as good for a couple of reasons. The suspension for an AWD has to be a bit beefier (so...heavier) and there is more resistance when you are drawing on all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The awd was a 1.5L not a 1.3. Im in the process of researching all this now. if I can find th parts I can fabricate the parts needed...god it would be sweet.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Well I know there was a guy here in the country who had all the AWD parts including rear suspnesion and all. I wonder if I can find him again. He was looking to sell too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would have loved an awd option but it wouldn't be worth it (to me anyway) to make it happen aftermarket. I do know that i love this car and if the engine ever needs rebuilding, rather than rebuild whats in there, i'm going to go after a good 1.8 liter engine. I know thats going to cost extra but that would be worth it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.