Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here the deal

i have been noticing that when i put my car into drive/reverse/ you know just moving the shifte, it makes a clucking noise everytime. and when im driving you can feel the transmission jerk from 1st to 2nd gear .............something is really wrong right.................. warranty need to be put to use

9500 miles
oil change 2500miles

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Never noticed any jerking or "clucking". Only 4k on mine though. I did have a couple incidents but I think they were due to the potholey roads. I'm ultra sensitive to sounds that seem out of normal, because I have this fear that it's gonna break down on me, all the time. I've had too many junker cars.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh well at least the 5 years 60K warranty is there for the powertrain

if my get mess up i'll just get it repair..... no worries

·
Registered
485 Posts
yeah mines an automatic and there is no jerking at all..... not even the slightest jerk that i could possibly compare this too for you. not to hijack, but i have a question as well. Why on all automatics (or at least toyotas & scions), when you have an automatic, can the shift go from Drive to Neutral without having to hold the button down? And then why can it go from Reverse right through Neutral to Drive without holding the button down? I could never figure this out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Even after i manually shift it during racing (Autocross) i don't get the "jerk" you speak of. Get it checked out, oh and i also have 20,300 odo.

Shouldn't be anything too major, simple fix usually does it when it comes to this sort of deal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got it fixed.. they replaced it with a whole new transmission... 2nd gear was missing a couple of tooth..

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
scionbox123 said:
got it fixed.. they replaced it with a whole new transmission... 2nd gear was missing a couple of tooth..
:eek: Ummm...yeah...I don't think thats good...lol Good that you got it taken care of.

·
Registered
219 Posts
holy crap! how many miles did you have on that thing? i've got 7100k on mine and i can sometimes here it downshift. weird, maybe i should have it checked.

on the other question, i don't think you'd want to have that option of it going into reverse or vice versa without the button because you'd ruin the tranny going one direction into the other. imagine if you were going at a fairly good speed, accidentally hit the lever and it goes into reverse? hope you have triple A.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.