Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since people r saying its not good to to a manual swap. How much hp can the automatic take? Also is there any kits anyone made for the xb to give the automatic tranny able to handle more power. Ive seen em for other cars.

· Premium Member
4,882 Posts
The main thing that kills an automatic transmission is HEAT. So switch to synthetic lubricant and put a larger transmission cooler on the car. You should be fine since I doubt you are going to be at the drag strip 24/7 with it.

· Registered
15 Posts
with a bigger tranny cooler the stock tranny will hold ~250hp before it starts to slip and then fail. level 10 has valve body and torq convter upgrades that will let it hold up to 350-400 hp. there very spendy! there other places that do tranny work thank get you to the 300hp range. and good turbo kit from DESCENDANT will put out 260-300 hp from 8-11 psi.

· Registered
416 Posts
Hi I have an 06 xb with a low mileage transmission and I was wondering how much power and torque the trans can hold before it lets go as I plan on turboing my car any help will be appreciated
I would say 180hp 200 tops. AFTER turboing. That motor & trans isn't made for high hp- not unless you tear it apart and bigger cams and pistons etc etc.. However, it's such a light vehicle- I've seen that much hp and the thing flies!!! 200hp 180hp is more than sufficient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts