Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with an automatic
is the shifter the top part where you depress the clutch button on the left changeable
i want to change it out for a smaller one so i have room for a mod im doing
it needs to be slightly shorter is this something that can be done?

do they make them aftermarket for autos? i can fine shifters galore for manuals
but i still need the button :confused:

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Well, I've seen them at a local Asian supermarket with prices between $80 and $100, but these are also knockoffs....... $120 for the real deal doesn't sound too bad IMO. The knockoffs do have the O/D button as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
probably i just hope it not longer than what i have now
its hard to tell with only a pic

i might be able to get a stock one and move the od switch too
not sure

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Well, I've seen them at a local Asian supermarket with prices between $80 and $100, but these are also knockoffs....... $120 for the real deal doesn't sound too bad IMO. The knockoffs do have the O/D button as well.
Dion, you shop at some strange supermarkets!

I'll take some Ramen, a bottle of Soy Sauce and that shifter kit right over there...:D

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:

I'll take some Ramen, a bottle of Soy Sauce and that shifter kit right over there...:D
LOL. That's freakin funny. I want to shop there. (Japanese lesson of the day: ramen means noodles in japanese...so when someone say ramen noodles all their saying is noodles noodles)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:

:D

Seriously, the place is called "99 Ranch", they have small shops/boutiques inside and a few of them have auto parts. Next time I'm there I'll take some pics of it. It's like SuperAutobacs with food!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Are you in luck today. LEVOC makes the shifters for our cars with the OD button on the side but you can use any automatic shifter you want if you wire the switch somewhere else, it's just an on/off. I have a DIY coming soon but it makes the shifter taller. Here's a preview:

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
scvscions said:
Are you in luck today. LEVOC makes the shifters for our cars with the OD button on the side but you can use any automatic shifter you want if you wire the switch somewhere else, it's just an on/off. I have a DIY coming soon but it makes the shifter taller. Here's a preview:
I like that shift knob, but I want to make it shorter. Is the OEM shifter handle threaded or held in place with like a set screw?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
scvscions said:
ooooh very nice thats the exact one i wanted too white to match :)

DTRAIN619 said:
I like that shift knob, bit Iwant to make it shorter. Is the OEM shifter handle threaded or held in place with like a set screw?

·
Registered
5 Posts
shifters go on w/ set screws. however, even if it is not shorter... i am tall and the shift button presses my leg. at least the replacement is narrower.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts