Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SO I was on EBAY and ever once in a while I look up Levoc Automatic Shift Knobs because they are equipped with the o/d switch on the handle and come in White, Black, Chrome and Carbon Fiber. The retail price starts at $89.99 from Super Autobacs but I got lucky with Ebay and got it for $10 shipped...Yes that's correct. Now here's what I have for pics.

**********************You can go from this:

**********************To this:

**********************Or this:

TOOLS NEEDED:
10mm & 12mm sockets
Flat Tipped Screwdriver
Phillips Screwdriver
Wire Crimpers/cutters
(2) red butt connectors
The ability to put two wires together

***NOTE: when I say 10mm and 12mm I mean the head size of the fastner***

STEPS:

1. Block the wheels and park on level ground and use common sense.

2. Remove the center console.

3. Remove the wire hold downs from the stock shifter housing.

4. Remove the 10mm nut on the passenger side of the shifter.

5. Remove the (4) 12 mm bolts around the shifter housing.

6. Gently unplug the blue 2-wire connector

7. Gently press the ears on the shifter cables with the flat tipped screwdriver and push the cables one at a time towards the firewall until it looks like this.

8. Now on a workbench (kitchen table) seperate all your new and old parts. Follow the instructions with your new shifter to get it together.

9. Remove the (2) phillips screws on the front of the factory shifter and un hook the wiring all the way to the shift knob.

10. Now it should look like the picture below:

11. You only need 1" of the white plastic sticking past the top of the metal on the shifter. This is where you adjust your postion for your taste and height. Use the wire cutter to remove the unwanted plastic. Remember cut a little at a time, you can always cut more later. I even took a pipe cutter and cut down the metal so I could go lower on the shifter.

12. Cut the factory shifter wiring about halfway up so that you can re-use the blue 2 wire connector. It doesn't matter which wire goes where because the switch just completes the circuit. Route the wiring in the factory location.

13. Add some loc-tite or spray paint on the set screws that you use to seal them in the bore so that they don't become loose. The shifter snaps back together quickly

By Napolex - Made in Japan (Similar to Razo, Momo, Sparco)
Part Number: LV-461 (Black/Chrome)
Part Number: LV-462 (Carbon Fiber/Chrome)
Part Number: LV-463 (Wood/Chrome)
Part Number: LV-464 (White/Chrome)
You dont have to use Levoc if you like another Automatic handle without an overdrive button you would just have to have a switch somewhere else to control the overdrive.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
scvscions said:
SO I was on EBAY and ever once in a while I look up Levoc Automatic Shift Knobs because they are equipped with the o/d switch on the handle and come in White, Black, Chrome and Carbon Fiber. The retail price starts at $89.99 from Super Autobacs but I got lucky with Ebay and got it for $10 shipped...Yes that's correct. Now here's what I have for pics.

**********************You can go from this:

**********************To this:

**********************Or this:

TOOLS NEEDED:
10mm & 12mm sockets
Flat Tipped Screwdriver
Phillips Screwdriver
Wire Crimpers/cutters
(2) red butt connectors
The ability to put two wires together

***NOTE: when I say 10mm and 12mm I mean the head size of the fastner***

STEPS:

1. Block the wheels and park on level ground and use common sense.

2. Remove the center console.

3. Remove the wire hold downs from the stock shifter housing.

4. Remove the 10mm nut on the passenger side of the shifter.

5. Remove the (4) 12 mm bolts around the shifter housing.

6. Gently unplug the blue 2-wire connector

7. Gently press the ears on the shifter cables with the flat tipped screwdriver and push the cables one at a time towards the firewall until it looks like this.

8. Now on a workbench (kitchen table) seperate all your new and old parts. Follow the instructions with your new shifter to get it together.

9. Remove the (2) phillips screws on the front of the factory shifter and un hook the wiring all the way to the shift knob.

10. Now it should look like the picture below:

11. You only need 1" of the white plastic sticking past the top of the metal on the shifter. This is where you adjust your postion for your taste and height. Use the wire cutter to remove the unwanted plastic. Remember cut a little at a time, you can always cut more later. I even took a pipe cutter and cut down the metal so I could go lower on the shifter.

12. Cut the factory shifter wiring about halfway up so that you can re-use the blue 2 wire connector. It doesn't matter which wire goes where because the switch just completes the circuit. Route the wiring in the factory location.

13. Add some loc-tite or spray paint on the set screws that you use to seal them in the bore so that they don't become loose. The shifter snaps back together quickly

I did not take mine out just a cut and snip done but thats way "COOL "
I like it .:cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice looking mod for an automatic and a heck of a deal on your eBay price! Nice work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
tell me more

that is a must have... went to a car show for Team SCP and i was told it was out i have not seen it till now , i must have it.

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try searching on ebay under LEVOC SHIFTER;)
I found just 6000 requests when I typed it in google search:p
But here's some more info on Levoc (FYI there's two on ebay right now with 10 hours left for 25 each.
By Napolex - Made in Japan (Similar to Razo, Momo, Sparco)
Part Number: LV-461 (Black/Chrome)
Part Number: LV-462 (Carbon Fiber/Chrome)
Part Number: LV-463 (Wood/Chrome)
Part Number: LV-464 (White/Chrome)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.