Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the specifics on the boxes auto locking system? I notice that if i unlock it and don't open the door for a few minutes(like one or two) it locks back. And sometimes i forget to lock it when i get out, and i come back and its locked. Can anybody shed some light on this?

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Yup. It even says it in the owners manual. :) But if you open the doors before 30 seconds and then close them they won't lock. just to let ya know.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe i should just read the manual...i know i never read manuals/instructions until i've finished and i see its not right...as most men do, we look at the pics

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my diamante it went by speed. I think ford does it when you put it in drive. You know what else i wish the xb had? When you turn it off, the radio stays on until you open the door.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Maybe it's me, but I've noticed that if I unlock the doors (via the remote), and open any door (other than the driver's) that after I close it the doors lock automatically. But not if I open the driver's door (within 30 seconds of course.)

Nah, it's probably just me.......

·
Registered
208 Posts
mine locks after i start my car and unlocks once i turn the car off...passengers are always trying to get out before the car unlocks...it's kind of annoying...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I noticed if I am inside and lock the doors by remote there is no possible way for me to get out, unless I use the remote. Oh wait, I shaved the inner door locks. ;)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
boxd_up said:
Mine does the 30 sec re-lock thing but doesn't lock once I start the car and drive off.
Some cars do, just not the xB.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yup, the xB does not auto-lock at speed, but I've often wondered why, and if it is an option that can be turned on but we haven't been told about...

If one looks at the schematics for the combination meter - the speedo and such - or the door lock control module, there is the vehicle speed lead from the ECU that connects to both. My question is why does the door lock controller need to know vehicle speed if it doesn't lock the doors when moving? Is there some special turn-ignition-on-while-holding-button-down-and-opening-closing-door-five-times procedure that turns on the option? Oh, well. :(

·
Registered
614 Posts
Tomas said:
Yup, the xB does not auto-lock at speed, but I've often wondered why, and if it is an option that can be turned on but we haven't been told about...

If one looks at the schematics for the combination meter - the speedo and such - or the door lock control module, there is the vehicle speed lead from the ECU that connects to both. My question is why does the door lock controller need to know vehicle speed if it doesn't lock the doors when moving? Is there some special turn-ignition-on-while-holding-button-down-and-opening-closing-door-five-times procedure that turns on the option? Oh, well. :(
Interesting that they ARE connected.My Jetta locked at speed and I thought it was very nice feature.It would also re-lock after a minute or so if you didn't open a door.
I would love to know if you could turn on that feature.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts