Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2011 Scion xB.
There are no interior lights coming on when I open the doors at night. It's dark and I can't see what I am doing. Anyone know how to turn them on? I checked the dome and there are no buttons up there. I tried pushing on the light itself but that didn't accomplish anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,499 Posts
You're most likely looking at the map lights not the dome light. The lights up front are the map lights, there are two of them and they only work when the car is on. The dome light is the one further back between the seats and is only one light. It has a selector switch on the front center of it that has three positions, on, off, & door. Slide the switch to door and it will come on whenever a door is opened and turn off 30 seconds after you close the door, or when you turn the ignition on.

I've attached a picture of the dome light with the switch below. Your's should look the same minus the vinyl wrap on the trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're most likely looking at the map lights not the dome light. The lights up front are the map lights, there are two of them and they only work when the car is on. The dome light is the one further back between the seats and is only one light. It has a selector switch on the front center of it that has three positions, on, off, & door. Slide the switch to door and it will come on whenever a door is opened and turn off 30 seconds after you close the door, or when you turn the ignition on.

I've attached a picture of the dome light with the switch below. Your's should look the same minus the vinyl wrap on the trim.
Thanks that worked!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts