Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My questions is a two parter:

1- On the 04-05 xB, how may switches on the master window switch were auto down (and up, if any)?

B- Does anyone know how to make/change the rest of the switch so they are all auto down/up?

Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Point_Oh said:
My questions is a two parter:

1- On the 04-05 xB, how may switches on the master window switch were auto down (and up, if any)?

B- Does anyone know how to make/change the rest of the switch so they are all auto down/up?

Thanks for the help
By the numbers:

1. Only one. (Driver's side)

2. Although I don't know how, I remember reading somewhere that it can be done. IIRC, the auto up/down feature is built into the switch itself. Since it's a Toyota part, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Squirrel, got anything?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know there's a mod that the Supra owners were doing on theirs, but I cant find it on any of the forums

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
all you have to do is buy the drivers side switch. just the plastic switch part anbd bam all auto down from your drivers side.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hotbox05 said:
all you have to do is buy the drivers side switch. just the plastic switch part anbd bam all auto down from your drivers side.

So, does the drivers switch in the older xB have auto down on all windows? The 06 only has it for the drivers window.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Point_Oh said:
So, does the drivers switch in the older xB have auto down on all windows? The 06 only has it for the drivers window.
No, they're still the same. Auto down for the driver's window only. Standard xB feature. :)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
you may be able to use a tc's i dunno. I know their switch is all different. more like toyota truck style.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Can you use the switch from the tC since it has auto up and down for both windows?
It just sucks that the switch assembly's are so pricey.

·
Registered
168 Posts
it's not as easy as just swapping switch positions around. I have 2 xB's and I've tried to just see if it works for sh*ts and giggles - it doesn't. In fact the plastic rocker cover for the driver position window wont even fit in one of the other 3 spots.

there are OEM ways about it, but it's not "easy". the 'easiest' is a string of relays or a twindow kit.

all the "ALL AUTO" lexus and toyota units require a good deal of modding ot work - I know - I' think I've looked at about every one there is out there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
pics please.... from what you say this is simiar to the MKIII supra auto window mod.... you only replace the plastic window button that your finger touches???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pumpkinbox said:
it's not as easy as just swapping switch positions around. I have 2 xB's and I've tried to just see if it works for sh*ts and giggles - it doesn't. In fact the plastic rocker cover for the driver position window wont even fit in one of the other 3 spots.

there are OEM ways about it, but it's not "easy". the 'easiest' is a string of relays or a twindow kit.

all the "ALL AUTO" lexus and toyota units require a good deal of modding ot work - I know - I' think I've looked at about every one there is out there.
I looked at mine a while ago and had the same issue. There were white slide switches soldered to the PCB. They looked like simple slide style contacts the spring action is built into the lever you lift/press. There's no way the auto could be controlled in that switch. It would have to be built into something else on the board or another module in the car. I have an '04 model XB.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
OK this isnt possible with the standard xb switches, I took one apart at lunch today. Once you get that top rocker part off, their are 2 metal plates the the switch pushes one way to up and the other for down. The auto roll down window has a 3 position metal plates, up down and auto down. So I think I will just work on lighting up all the switches using fiber optic cable or some small surface mount led's . First Ineed to complete one project before starting another. :D

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Seems to me that the capabilities for auto up, down, back, forth, and sidways would all be relay related issues. Eg: The standard drivers side auto down. It has three contacts, Up, Down, Auto Down. Each one of these controlling a different function of the relay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.