Has anyone had their auto trans serviced? The scheduled maintenance log
specifies every 60k or 48 months which is double that of a manual trans. Would
trust your dealer to do the service or a outside shop? Our box is about to turn
3 years old and isn't close to either mileage or time requirement. It has about
35k. Your opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
if mine were an auto I do it at 35k. anywhere that has a transmission flush machine would be good. without a transmission flush machine you dont get a complete fluid change. most dealers and transmission shops have a flush machine. joe blo around the corner might not have the machine but will try to sell you a fluid change, pass on that.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's ^^^^^
Anyone else -- Please chime in.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I agree with raiderbeast. I have a tranny in my S-10 that only has 3,000 miles on it but I just flushed it out a week ago. The machine sucks all the old fluid out backwards and then fills it again. It's cool! I belive you can never over-maintain your vehicle.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did they have to raise the vehicle off the floor or did they roll it over a service pit?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I recently serviced my transmission. I was told the correct mileage for these vehicles is once every 15,000. Depending on your driving habits, might be less. I paid about $80.00.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
i serviced mine too. the whole shabang (tranny, sparks, tightened nuts and bolts, tire rotation, happy ending..x that last one lol) at the "stealership", it costed me 303 bucks, it came with a complimentary wash which made my box spotty. hmph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.