Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im pathetically new to basically everything aftermarket in the audio department......I need help. :( Anyways I want to start my build in my new/used 2005 XB :D. I listen to metal and rock primarily and I dont want a huge'ole street thumpin system just something you can feel, and is clear and smoothe. Ok with that in mind what would I need as far as:

AMP size
speakers
subs (if any)
And what are good things to look for in a head unit?

Thanks

P.S. I know these are insanely broad questions lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
k

well no worries..... first of all how much do you want to spend on your audio system... 2nd... how much space are you willing to give up for the system
and what stores do you have in your general area to pick up audio equipment from

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*sigh* I would like to say I would like a budget system but I know it wont happen lol. I was lookin at a $459 Head unit if that gives you any idea :D.

Space.....space...well I like space...I mean I speakerbox is kinda gonna take all the space lol. I ride minibikes and I am gonna try and stuff it in the back :D so the more space I have the better but I can make sacrafices.......borrow dads truck lol.

Ok now as for stores pshhhhh ive got em allllll! Audio express, circuit city, ultimate Electronics, tons of places so no worries there.

Thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
: 0

alright check it out what you want to get to bump is going to be a good set of components... up front..... and some coaxials in the back... i would also look into getting 2 12's to give you some clean bass i would either go with a sealed box or go with a ported box tuned to 30-35 hx... also as for amps we need to decide on what kind of subs / speakers you go with.... also headunit is all up to personal choice on what features you want... as far as subs go..... might want to look into so smaller name brands like mmats or re's or e desings make some good woofers... alright as far as components go you dont want to skimp out on the money here...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool! thanks for the info man! Wheres a good place online to check some of this stuff out? I just got my pioneer head unit like a few days ago so what would you sugest be next in line for upgrades?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please dont neglect me cuz im retarded and new lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah cool, thats more along the lines of what I was thinking, like a single 10" sub or 2 8" IDK I mean I like bass but thats not what im into. Would you happen to have a site or model to recomend? Im kinda liking the rockford 10" cuz I saw them at ultimate electronics for $53....is that cheap? its like a labor day sale or something. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah and lets not forget im looking for a "system" not just subs. I want tha whole shabang lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok lets say I ordered a bazooka tube and an amp........would I get help with the install? or will I be considered a noob and just told to go to audio express?......I cant do this alone guys.............lol. my car is already pre wired for an amp but the dude took it out before he sold it. (the amp)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well durr!!! lol So aside from the tube itself what else do i need to order?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
The bazooka tube doesn't need an amp. It has one already in it (or something like that......I just know it doesn't need an amp)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I want a bigger external amp in the event I change to something else other than a bazooka tube. ok now my car is already wired for an amp its got the lead wire (is that what its called?) comming from the battery and comes out in the lil compartment in the back with all kinds of other wires (not sure exactly what others). Ok now that I said that for like the third time lol :D what will I need for this install? does the 'zooka connect directly to the amp or what? I was lookin at the wiring diagram that came with my head and it looks fairly simple just a bunch of plugs doesnt look like any splicing or soldering is needed. Soooooooo *insert previous question here* lol

Oh yeah!! how many channels do I want on an amp? I will eventually replace all the speakers in the car, and possibly switch to 2 8" or 10" (I wont do bigger than that)

thanks
Ely

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.