Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats Goin On You Guys Well I Just Came Back From The Audio Store And I Picked Up A Couple Things. I Have A Few Questions For You. I Purchased 2 12" Cvx Kickers And 1 Hifonics 1600 Watt Amp. Should I Purchase Another Amp And Do I Need Tweeters. And If So What Brand Do You Guys Recommend. Thanx

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
well if u want u door speakers and dash spks to be louder than yes u might want to get a 4 channel amp / the tweeters are up to u if u want to add them they will help out the sound /but if u get a 4 channel amp u may want to change out ur door spks and dash spks if u wanna play it loud cause ur stock spks wont handle alot of power if u listen to it loud :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
yes ... another 4 channel amp would be great to run your mids/highs....
the stock speaker will handle quite some power before they start to distort.... not recommended because they wont last long if you plan on bumping... for a component set up front i would recommend some Focal
components... pretty pricey but you can get away with running like some alpine type r and will still sound good... in the rear dont worry about putting speakers you relly wont be able to hear it with the subs going... if you want just put some coaxials dont worry about putting components in the rear... its pretty pointless.... also if you plan on running another amp you might want to get a yellowtop... any other questions just ask

·
Registered
145 Posts
another battery is a must if u are going to be slaming.i ran 4 gauge kicker wire to my amp and that makes the amp run smoother cuz there is more wiring than genaric wires. and i have a 8 gauge going to my 4 channel 600 watt amp.and i put that in the back little cubby next to the spare tire.its a pin running speaker wire from everyspeaker.but the sound is worth it after u spend the time.dont rush and take your time

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would definitely recommend adding a 2 or 4 channel amp with components in the front because with that serious amount of bass, you won't be able to here anything out of your speakers. I got a 2 channel running my front components and didn't even bother with the rear speakers due to the fact that they are in the back where my subwoofer is and you won't hear it anyway. I have focal components in the front and they sound great. I've also used MB Quarts and those also sound great as well. The stock front speakers will definitely need to be replaced or at least I recommend it.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.