Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
audiobahn....

hmm... well maybe look in to hifonics brutus or like a us amp... but honestly
those subs arent going to last long with 2000rms to them... audiobahn = nice/flashy but are really poor sound/ build quility... i would honestly look into getting some different subs... audiobahn is made primarily for show.... but if you want to use them...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
misformartin said:
hmm... well maybe look in to hifonics brutus or like a us amp... but honestly
those subs arent going to last long with 2000rms to them... audiobahn = nice/flashy but are really poor sound/ build quility... i would honestly look into getting some different subs... audiobahn is made primarily for show.... but if you want to use them...
What subs would you recommend? Besides the JL W7...

·
Registered
416 Posts
????

well that all depends on what your going for spl or sq or sql ????
spl i would say like a re xxx 12's just one all you need... will blow thos 2 audiobawn a away .... for sq i would look into something like Treo or even some kicker l7s dvc if you want sql definitally look in to getting some re sx 12......

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
misformartin said:
well that all depends on what your going for spl or sq or sql ????
spl i would say like a re xxx 12's just one all you need... will blow thos 2 audiobawn a away .... for sq i would look into something like Treo or even some kicker l7s dvc if you want sql definitally look in to getting some re sx 12......
spl...and somthing that sounds good. i have a friend who has a re xxx 12, its nice.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
these subs work well

i work at a stereo shop for seven yrs now / i like the JLW7 but the JLW6 can take alot of abuse and power good spl:D / the Rockfordfosgate T2 subs are good for spl :p if u want good clean power get the JL 500 or JL1000 amps. I would up grade to a yellow top battery/ if u have moolah to burn up grade the alternator might be pricey tho:eek: and run 2 gauge for power wire so u can run at least 2 amps for ur set up

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
madmaxb said:
i work at a stereo shop for seven yrs now / i like the JLW7 but the JLW6 can take alot of abuse and power good spl:D / the Rockfordfosgate T2 subs are good for spl :p if u want good clean power get the JL 500 or JL1000 amps. I would up grade to a yellow top battery/ if u have moolah to burn up grade the alternator might be pricey tho:eek: and run 2 gauge for power wire so u can run at least 2 amps for ur set up
Ya, rite now i have two rf he's at 250 watts each. I want pound, not vibrating. BOOM!

what about the hifonics maxximus?

·
Registered
416 Posts
k

hifonics maximus is aight....should provide enough power to your subs.. if you decide to keep them.... just remember the best subs/ best amp in the world dont mean anything without a good box... fo ryou i would recomend a ported box tuned to like 30-35 hz

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
misformartin said:
hifonics maximus is aight....should provide enough power to your subs.. if you decide to keep them.... just remember the best subs/ best amp in the world dont mean anything without a good box... fo ryou i would recomend a ported box tuned to like 30-35 hz
the box isnt a problem, i just dont want to get sum shitty woofers.

·
Registered
416 Posts
: )

well then your mistaken greatly.... woofer is only 1/2 the battle the box is a huge part ...... i have see 3 shitty walmart subs in a great box put up huge numbers on the meter.... yah sure they sound like crap but put up huge numbers.... yes shitty woofers will not last long.... and good woofers will help out sq/ spl wise.... but yes audiobahn is not worth your time bro..... get something that has way better quality....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check out the Critical Mass UL12. This sub will hammer SPL and provide excellent sound quality as well. It's the "perfect sub". It's just not perfect for a lot of budgets, at $2,000. Another huge advantage of this sub is the fact that it only weighs 16.6 pounds, a fraction of typical subs of this genre.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
misformartin said:
well then your mistaken greatly.... woofer is only 1/2 the battle the box is a huge part ...... i have see 3 shitty walmart subs in a great box put up huge numbers on the meter.... yah sure they sound like crap but put up huge numbers.... yes shitty woofers will not last long.... and good woofers will help out sq/ spl wise.... but yes audiobahn is not worth your time bro..... get something that has way better quality....
i meant not a prob cuz i know how to make good boxes, all River Oaks Car Stereo sells is MA Audio and i jus dont want that.

im prolly gonna go with the re xxx or the kicker solo x.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It will be completely depenant upon the amp that you will be using. You'll notice when looking at amps that different amps will operate at different impedances (some are stable down to lower impedances than others). In order to maximize the use of the amp you will want to make sure that the net impedance of the subs is matched up with the capabilities of the amp. Unless you are already decided on an amp, I would suggest deciding first on what subs you will be using and then proceed to match up an amplifier that will meet their needs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.