Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got my 06 scion xb in april and I just got around to being able to afford some sounds......but the thing is I know nothing about it....All i know is that I want to get 2 12's.......but what else do i need to get.........like what kind of amp or do i need a battery capacitor......what kind of wires......theres so much can someone please recommend the best or the second best things I need......i like a lot of bass.......but i still like to have a clear sound.........someone please help........thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Toaster_chick said:
Hey guys I got my 06 scion xb in april and I just got around to being able to afford some sounds......but the thing is I know nothing about it....All i know is that I want to get 2 12's.......but what else do i need to get.........like what kind of amp or do i need a battery capacitor......what kind of wires......theres so much can someone please recommend the best or the second best things I need......i like a lot of bass.......but i still like to have a clear sound.........someone please help........thanks.
Toaster chick
first thing you need to remember when building a system is the more bass you have the more of everything you will need to balance it out. that being said, if you want to run two 12's you will need quite a bit of mid's and high's the toster is a small car. you can get plenty of bass from a single 12 if it's set up right. As for what you'll need assuming your going with two 12's you need at least 8g wire from the battery to the amps,depending on the 12's you choose will determan the amp needed to run them. then you'll need a 4 channel amp to run your surround speaker something 50-75watts rms. Anice head unit with 3 preouts 4 volts preouts would be nice, but not needed. basic speaker wire and about a day or so to install it all and tuned..

·
Registered
416 Posts
k

well.. what city you live in because i can send you somewhere and they will help you out... well if you like bass depending if you are a brand whore then i woould recomend eaither Re audio sx series 12's or i like the Brahma series sub... for compoennets... dont waste your money on like pioneer or alpine
look into cdt or focal components... super clean... nice midbass and super clean highs... in the back dont even worry about changing you rear speakers no need 2... they will work just fine.. when they have an amp pushing them...
as in head units... thats on you.... anything will be fine ass long as you have a built in eq..... only thing bad with not having like in indash dvd system is you wont be able to control the hi/ low pass filters... so you will have to run a passive system up front... so i would just worrya bout having a nice clean front stage and some subs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i live in the la area........like near inglewood........i wasnt planning on gettin a new head unit jus yet..........and how many watts does my amp need to be.........and do u suggest i get an eq

·
Registered
813 Posts
Once you know the subs you are going to buy then you need to worry about the amp...add the RMS together on the subwoofers and find an amp that at least has that...i alwasy took the MAX output of the sub and subtracted a couple hundred watts to chose my amp...and an EQ is nothign you should need, the headunit has a EQ built in

·
Registered
38 Posts
all these guyz are correct.you could run audiobahn subs they really fit any budget. as far as far as vocals you wll probablly never hear your rear coaxils that are behind the rear seat. and there is a company called db drive.(www.dbdrive.net) there speed seres amps should do well for your application.

·
Registered
526 Posts
well first of all its all about how much you really want to spend on your system, people like myself and i no others one here spend more than a grand on our systems. for example like how misformartin is saying to get like forcals or dynaudio cdts these componets are pricie they would run you like 500 or so just or speakers. as for subs what kind of 12's are you planning to run if you like clean bass and hard i would say jl w7 or some memphis subs. as for amps all depends one how many watts the subs are. for wires i would get a least 4 gauge due to the fact that if you ever want to upgrade your system you dont have to change your wire again ..... if you live in the la area just pm ill see what my hook up can do and work out some prices.

·
Registered
416 Posts
l

damn i dont know about la but at the shop i use i can get focal utopias for 220 installed... and i can get cdt for 215 installed.... as far as jl.... eh its aight... but for the price of a 12 w7 you can get re mx 12's and blow away any 12 w 7 but they will require about 1500 rms each.... if anyone is looking for a great shot in oc... i would recommend advanced car creations in socal... they are great.... i got hooked up there... they are way fair.... and no pressure buying.. they carry all the top brands that you cant get anywhere else.... like re , treo, anything you really want.... if i do recommend anything it is dont just go to one shop... go to many shops and also when you buy you want to make sure that you get the items you are going to get and double check them with google... or come back here and list them in the forum and we can help you with deciding on prices...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Some people might not agree with me but you should check out either crossfire or powerbass's extreme seris. They have consumer friendly prices that come with an unbelieveable product (no this isnt a sponsor plug in). Crossfire's got great product and their x6 components although pricey proviode superior quality above anything else. So I would sit down and really ask yourself how much you are willing to spend then shop around. As azynboi03 said, people will spend grands on a stereo. Heck my first stereo was from alphasonik and it ran me 3000. Its really a matater on how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
526 Posts
misformartin said:
damn i dont know about la but at the shop i use i can get focal utopias for 220 installed... and i can get cdt for 215 installed.... as far as jl.... eh its aight... but for the price of a 12 w7 you can get re mx 12's and blow away any 12 w 7 but they will require about 1500 rms each.... if anyone is looking for a great shot in oc... i would recommend advanced car creations in socal... they are great.... i got hooked up there... they are way fair.... and no pressure buying.. they carry all the top brands that you cant get anywhere else.... like re , treo, anything you really want.... if i do recommend anything it is dont just go to one shop... go to many shops and also when you buy you want to make sure that you get the items you are going to get and double check them with google... or come back here and list them in the forum and we can help you with deciding on prices...
well your right re subs are great subs but they just dont hit that clean fro mwhat i have heard. as for like cdt and focal i think your saying like 200 or so due to the fact that i was looking at the top end stuff yea its ture you can get like focals and dynaudio for about 300 a set.

·
Registered
416 Posts
l

well.... it all depends on the install because i my re's hit cleaner and harder than any w7 i have heard... then i again i had custom box built by a guy on team re... so that might help..... and i can get focal utopias which are the top of the line from them for that price if you want the place i can get it for you.. but you can have the greatest products... but alot of it counts on the install

·
Registered
526 Posts
thats true it all about the installer and if your doing it right. as for the sub re subs use alot of room maybe thats y your was hitting clean and hard

·
Registered
416 Posts
l

yes a good install is vital... anways back on topic.... if your into bass you can get like 2 12's brand is up to you... also i would get a good set of components.... once you get set on that.. you will need an amp to power the subs and components.. you have 2 options there.. you can get either a class 2 mono block amp... for ths subs and a 4 channel for the mids/ highs or you can go for something like at five channel and run the subs/ components all in one... when you install the subs... tell them that you want the subs facing up... the resonance frequency on the xb reacts best to subs face up.... if you face the subs towards the hatch... you will get crazy rattle and it will sould loud and muffled... facing up... hits hard and very defined

·
Registered
526 Posts
yup thats true i would face it up too just cuz no rattle... as for components i would get a good set too im running boston z6 and there really clean.. as for amps i would really go with five channel amp for mid highs and sub due to the fact that 5 channels dont give enough power to the sub...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.