Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a CRAZAY CRAZAY IDEAR TODAY

I wanna have a xb bull run. So Cal to NY or So Cal to somewhere fun. How sweet would that be to see like 20-30 xbs screaming to NYC.
Hey on another note i wanna see another event like Meet in the Middle type of deal.

suggestions/thoughts and feeback

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Dude you and i had the same thought today. funny how that works. i was thinking of calling it the sea to shining sea memorial toaster dash. kinda like cannonball run. that would be serious fun. except for i would have to drive the distance from wi to cali to ny and back to wi. wonder how many miles that is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yo..i think thats a great idea.you should really gather up a bunch of people pick a few places to stop where we all could grab a bite and party sleep and than hit the streets again..if you pull it off iam in..just let me know when..

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You guys musta seen the premier of SpikeTV's BullRun..

If you ask me, it's a crazy idea, and it seems like lotsa fun, but it's also incredibly stupid. Let's leave the wild weaving and bobbing and all that crazy driving to people who can pay their ways out of jail....

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No ive always wanted to get out of CA and see the US..i would love to drive to a few cool placed like NYC and Miami and what not..i dunno just for fun

·
Registered
43 Posts
great idea - extremely difficult to pull off

Thats actually a dream vacation of mine. Id love to see the whole country through and through.

I for one would not be able to take the time off work - jealous of those who could make it though. To do it right - you'd need around 2-3 weeks. A month would be ideal - but thats only if you can really afford to take your time.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
And you guys aren't even making the run to Spring Quake in Arizona next weekend....weak sauce!

;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
You guys should do this and meet us in Ames, IA for the All Scion Show 4.0 on May 11th and 12th.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
And you guys aren't even making the run to Spring Quake in Arizona next weekend....weak sauce!

;)

Yeah what he said..........I would be rolling with you Taz but the leg isn't up to the long haul yet.......BTW Nice cone dodging yesterday..... THread Jack Over.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I think the idea of having a destination run is a great idea. The trip, just for the trip won't get too many people. If you have a large enough event for the final destination you can get quite a few takers. And the All Scion even in Ames is probably a good destination.

I just think that doing the one in May might be a little too short of notice. It is 2-1/2 to 3 days to drive from California to Iowa. (I lived in Iowa for a year and made the trip several times.) This would mean having to leave California on Tuesday to make sure we saw the entire show. I definitely think we could pull off a great run for next year though.

The key is going to be getting a great group or people (not an individual) to organize the run. To do it right we will have to choose the best route (70 through Colorado may be pretty rough on an xB, but the 40 is an extremely boring drive), find sponsors along the way, organize the run, plan events along the route, work with hotels for lodging, plan meals, etc.

Obviously the Scion dealer in Ames is hosting the event. But we will need a host for the meet up on Tuesday in California. Maybe one of the big dealers like Cabe or Longo in SoCal. But dealerships aren't the only option. If anyone knows of a SoCal shop (or shops) willing to host the kick off, that could work as well.

Then along the route we will need to find additional companies or dealerships to play "host" at each of our pit stops. Flagstaff is a logical first stop, and Oklahoma City, Wichita or Kansas City are good spots for the second night. (It might be pushing it to go past OKC with as large of a group.) It all depends on how many rest stops (meet ups) we want to plan on the leg. We would cross through Albuquerque and Amarillo before we hit any of our second night options.

And it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a stopping point in each state at a designated time. This provides an opportunity for new cruisers from each state to meet up as well as the chance for stragglers and late risers to catch up. Doing this would probably mean stopping in Oklahoma City on the second night, and choosing one of the cities in Kansas as a meet up point before continuing on to Ames on the third day.

It may sound like a lot, but it really isn't all that complicated. Especially if you find dealerships and other businesses willing to participate and help promote the event. The promise of good press is always a motivating factor. And an event like this is sure to get press on every single Scion website as well as a likely feature in Scion's quarterly magazine / brochure.

And again this route is only for the SouthWest U.S. We could have 3 other similar cruises coming from the NorthWest, SouthEast and NorthEast. I think this could be a great event, but our best bet would be a year out. This would allow people to schedule time off, give organizers ample time to get everything scheduled, obtain hosts and sponsors, and make sure that Ames is actually ready to handle an event so large.

Then again, what do I know. These are just my wild ramblings.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Great ideas all around.

Why don't you SW peeps head NE into CO and then the NW peeps could head down and meet you. Then you could all shoot across borring NE or KS together and into IA.

I imagine the All Scion Show will be in Ames next year so if you want to plan for that you would be good.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think the idea of having a destination run is a great idea. The trip, just for the trip won't get too many people. If you have a large enough event for the final destination you can get quite a few takers. And the All Scion even in Ames is probably a good destination.

I just think that doing the one in May might be a little too short of notice. It is 2-1/2 to 3 days to drive from California to Iowa. (I lived in Iowa for a year and made the trip several times.) This would mean having to leave California on Tuesday to make sure we saw the entire show. I definitely think we could pull off a great run for next year though.

The key is going to be getting a great group or people (not an individual) to organize the run. To do it right we will have to choose the best route (70 through Colorado may be pretty rough on an xB, but the 40 is an extremely boring drive), find sponsors along the way, organize the run, plan events along the route, work with hotels for lodging, plan meals, etc.

Obviously the Scion dealer in Ames is hosting the event. But we will need a host for the meet up on Tuesday in California. Maybe one of the big dealers like Cabe or Longo in SoCal. But dealerships aren't the only option. If anyone knows of a SoCal shop (or shops) willing to host the kick off, that could work as well.

Then along the route we will need to find additional companies or dealerships to play "host" at each of our pit stops. Flagstaff is a logical first stop, and Oklahoma City, Wichita or Kansas City are good spots for the second night. (It might be pushing it to go past OKC with as large of a group.) It all depends on how many rest stops (meet ups) we want to plan on the leg. We would cross through Albuquerque and Amarillo before we hit any of our second night options.

And it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a stopping point in each state at a designated time. This provides an opportunity for new cruisers from each state to meet up as well as the chance for stragglers and late risers to catch up. Doing this would probably mean stopping in Oklahoma City on the second night, and choosing one of the cities in Kansas as a meet up point before continuing on to Ames on the third day.

It may sound like a lot, but it really isn't all that complicated. Especially if you find dealerships and other businesses willing to participate and help promote the event. The promise of good press is always a motivating factor. And an event like this is sure to get press on every single Scion website as well as a likely feature in Scion's quarterly magazine / brochure.

And again this route is only for the SouthWest U.S. We could have 3 other similar cruises coming from the NorthWest, SouthEast and NorthEast. I think this could be a great event, but our best bet would be a year out. This would allow people to schedule time off, give organizers ample time to get everything scheduled, obtain hosts and sponsors, and make sure that Ames is actually ready to handle an event so large.

Then again, what do I know. These are just my wild ramblings.
Fairly organized "ramblings" LOL....... I agree, not this year but next would be the ticket AND maybe the Scion dealerships could work something out with one of the cable channels such as Spike, Speed Channel or Tuner Vision for event coverage and to help out with lodging etc.....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Oh man this whole thing suddenly became huge. i have a feeling this is gonna wind up as one of those things that everyone wants to do but no one wants to organize. the sad thing is if i organize it i would not most likely not be able to attend. driving cross country once is expensive enough i cant afford it twice.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ctruss...

The only reason my ramblings leaned toward the Southern Route is because I have made the trip taking both the 40 (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas) and the 70/15 (Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska (or Kansas). While the drive through the Southern Route is more boring, I think the mountains would be more manageable in the xB.

Going through Colorado the mountains are pretty significant. That route would probably also mean a long trek on the first day, all the way to Denver. There really aren't any good stopping points (meet up, or overnight) between there and Vegas. And there aren't as many good stopping points between Denver and Ames either (except of KC).

The nice thing about going through Colorado is that we might be able to make two of driving out of it instead of three laid back days taking 40. The only thing is people have to be down for two pretty hard core days of driving. Long hours, and very few stops tend to reduce the number of people willing to go.

Right now though, this is all just wild speculation. What we need is someone to step up and take the reigns if they want it to happen. Someone who can dedicate the time to make it happen, and will be able to attend the thing. For most folks out of California it will mean a minimum of 4 days off of work.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I definately would be down to do something like this, but as stated before would need a good amount of notice to get time off work/ save money/ etc..etc..etc.. Taking 2-3 weeks off work and school is no easy task, and since a lot of us are at the 30 and under age I would believe that a lot of peeps would have the same issues (Students and living paycheck to paycheck). Rton20's has the right idea. If corporate sponsorship was involved across the country this thing would definately be doable. Also, it wouldn't have to coincide with ongoing events as shows/events could be set up along the way in honor of this event. This thing would be a pretty big deal if it got off the ground, and could possible attract good media attention in the tuner/mod industry. At every stage/stopping point along the way a dealership or shop could hold an event could to recognize the run. I'm sure many would turn out to chill, and then a few extended stopovers could be arranged in the bigger cities along the way to accomodate an all day type large event. Anyways.....if a group wants to get this going I'm in to help set it up. Don't have any hookups unfortunately, but I've got marketing experience. Used to assist in setting up events for a few action sports magazines here in So. CA.

P.S.: Please do not route through Texas!!! :D

I don't thing the CO route would be to bad. I've made the drive from Anaheim to Aspen in about 12 hours, and while it was long it was a great drive. Lots to see along the way. There's not much If you go along the 10 or 40.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I also suggest the CO route because there are several people from CO that already attend the Ames show. They could join in when you trek though.

If I was in Cali I'd totally help with organizing this.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i have to agree with xbcreep. i would be willing to help set this up in any way i possibly can, allthough i have no hookups with shops/dealerships/sponsors im a people person and ive always done the talking. I too am among the working crowd and living by paycheck. By the time this event comes to a point where it might start to be a reality I will be living in california [LA] again and would be more than willing to participate, of course if work permits. I dont know a lot about anything but i know a little about everything so if i can help point me in a direction.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You guys should do this and meet us in Ames, IA for the All Scion Show 4.0 on May 11th and 12th.
If my car wasnt a clusterf:)ck i might. I dont think TORC is going to go for my car cuz its all jacked up and TAZ you know i wanna go to that meet in BFE

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.