Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of y'all installed a system (sub, amps) without changing the head unit and without affecting the monitors? i am taking out my system from my civic and putting it on the box but dont know what i need to know and do...
i have MB Quart components, two amps, and JL subs... what do i need to hook up the amps without messing up the factory functions...

or anyone who can feed some knowledge on doing this...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
One word....

SUBPLUG...

if you want to add a 4 channel amp to run your highs and mids as well as your lows, you need the subplug4, with a y-connector, if you just want to add an amp and switch out your speakers then just get the subplug2.

Since you have 2 amps i'm assuming one is for mids and highs, and the other is for your subs. So you should get the subplug4 and y-connect.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
subplugs??

are there actually pre-outs on the stock RS3.0 headunits? whats back there? anyone seen and know exactly what i will need? i kinda want to know before i start taking things apart.

Thanks Big Kokujin...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Come to think about it, that info might not help. I've never seen the back of the RS3 HU. this is the subplug2, it allows you to connect your amp without having to cut anything. You just place it between yout headunit and the stock wiring harness and run your RCAs to the amp. If you go to norcalscion.com you can see the subplug4 and read up on them. you can also join the forum and ask the guy g-nizzle what you need, because i think he's the one that actually makes them.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big_Kokujin said:
Come to think about it, that info might not help. I've never seen the back of the RS3 HU. this is the subplug2, it allows you to connect your amp without having to cut anything. You just place it between yout headunit and the stock wiring harness and run your RCAs to the amp. If you go to norcalscion.com you can see the subplug4 and read up on them. you can also join the forum and ask the guy g-nizzle what you need, because i think he's the one that actually makes them.
LOL... thats a great ad promo you got there...

thanks, i will look into that...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
too bad i don't see anything from it. I have one, and i was just passing the info. This makes it so much easier because i didn't like the aftermarket hu, it just didn't go well with the rest of the box. btw, i didn't get offended, just in case i seem defensive...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.