Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just wanted to give all of you not running splash shields up front and those running the LED Angeleye projectors a heads up.

I just noticed that my driver's high beam was not working. Of course I thought it was the bulb since I had to replace the passenger turn signal bulb last week.

I go buy the silverstars and remove the old bulb only to find it in perfect condition. I then look at the wiring harness. I already knew that the wiring was not done very cleanly but this was a joke.

The male adapter that plugs into the stock harness has no protection from water getting inside. This resulted in corrosion that ate through the wires.

Luckily I had a front end wiring harness from my 87 wrangler fiasco. I now have the headlight harness spliced in from that using the male spade from the halo adapter to connect it to the stock harness (both adapters were female).

So now I really need to pull the bumper off and rewire the headlights in a clean professional manner. The dealer wired them like I did when I was 15 installing my first stereo system.

To top this off my sub amp stopped working. I guess it is time to rewire the whole damn car.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That sucks! One reason why I do my own wiring, nobody cares for your car like you do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is "Angeleye" the brand of head lights you're running or just the style??

How do i know if i have a "splash shield?"

I just installed Sonar halos like last week, should i be worried???

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for splash shields I mean the inner wheel liners (the ugly black things inside the fender that makes your wheel well.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks! One reason why I do my own wiring, nobody cares for your car like you do.

I had no choice on who did it, the dealer chose who installed everything. When I got the car they did not even bother to install the wires for the passenger high beam to work.

I wonder if Scion warranty covers anything that is dealer installed and listed on my invoice???

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I had no choice on who did it, the dealer chose who installed everything. When I got the car they did not even bother to install the wires for the passenger high beam to work.

I wonder if Scion warranty covers anything that is dealer installed and listed on my invoice???
I would think so. If they included it in your sale and did the installation they should warranty their work. Notice I said "should". ;)

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they have been jering me around since the are in Schaumburg IL and I am north of Detroit MI.

I think it is time to write a letter to Scion Corp.

Anyone have the email address for the chicago are rep?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.