Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got around to trying to install my absdynamics grill w/lights but the airbag sensors on the l/r sides behind where the stock grill fits are in the way of the new grill lites. Any suggestions as to what to do???

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If you can provide pics, I might be able to help you with a workaround. They will need to be detailed, and the best quality possible.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i been at work 24 hours out of the last 2 days.. i cant even think of something smartass to say -=[ pictures would help but ill see if i cant research something. Boobmox is the research master. him and google are LIKE THIS!! [you know]

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
ok i believe this is the sensor your running into problems with

it appears to have some little tabs that sit in a type slot to keep it positioned.
those two bolts hold it on there and theres a bold directly under the sensor that holds some cross members together. i wonder if it would be possible to snip those little tabs so it sits flat and bolt it to that bolt on the bottom, the it would be positioned horizontally as opposed to verticaly. but theoretically it would be in the front of the bumper for the same impact effects. then again i could be totally off my rocker but its just a thought.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Hmmmm........

Lemme think on this. Ok, so it's mostly the lamp housing itself that you are probably having trouble with, basically bumping into that sensor......

Changing the position of the sensor might affect how it's supposed to perform. However, if you follow what h00t3rs is saying, maybe positioning the sensor on the horizontal section (shown in the pic) might get you in the clear. I wouldn't go breaking anything yet, but since the car isn't moving pull the sensors out of their location and install the grille. THEN see where the sensor could be positioned so it's still the same length from the front of the car.

I really could use some pics. If you have a cell phone camera, you can email yourself the pics from there....

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Just make sure u dont un plug the sensor as ur airbag light will come on/ just unbolt it/ the sensor has 2 contacts in a hard wax that when crushed the wax gives way so the contacts touch settin off the air bag. U would have to smack the sensor really hard to make go off tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.