Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So check this out:

Yesterday I was just about to go to lunch when a fairly modded (factory style) xB that I didn't know pulled on the lot. Now, you So Cal guys may think "C'mon, there's a billion of these things out there, you can't know all of them!" Remember, this is Central Iowa. I know everybody with a modded Scion out here. Hell, I sold most of 'em!

Anyway, these guys have Cali plates on and look just a bit too hip for Ames.

They jump out of the car and start asking us at the dealership about our market and all that jazz. Winds up that they are the Scion on Tour guys. They actually have a pretty cool setup and have some good schwag to give away if you fill out one of the surveys that you've done about a dozen of by now. They were kind of fun to watch too. Really excited and jumpy kind of like those kids you used to know that were really hot on telling you about Jesus, except substitute Scion for Jesus.

Anyway, find them at scion.com/tour. You really need to see the Airstream trailer they built. It's quite freaky cool.

So, thought I would share. If you meet them, tell them Alex says hi and they'll say, "Who?"

-Alex

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
Damn, they should have held try-outs for that job. That would have been freakin cool

·
Registered
199 Posts
Alex, you should have told them they were a couple weeks too late, the
All scion show was on May 5th,6th, and 7th.... Figures corporate couldn't show up at the Actual show...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They spent a lot on those cars and that trailer so I'm sure they will make their way around for the next year or so. Keep your eyes open and you'll see them.

Roy, I did tell them about the show. They feigned interest and didn't get it.

Tips for the Scion Tour guys in the Midwest:
1: Take off your sunglasses while inside.
2: It's May, leave the stocking cap at home.
3: Stop jumping around like that. We have a lot of meth in the Midwest, guess what people think is keeping you going?

That's all.

-Alex

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Dew said:
Damn, they should have held try-outs for that job. That would have been freakin cool
they work for a company named gmr. you have to be a model/actor to work for them. they do all sorts of promotions not just automotive ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.