Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an xB in the long long time agos. Then I got rid of it, bought some beaters, and blah blah blah. Now I have another Scion. I am part of the Scion Family again!

So like I said in the HFD East Coast thread, I wouldn't post another photo of my stockness. Well guess what? It's not stock anymore! WOOT!

So I bailed out of work early today while the weather was nice to work on getting low. And that went horrible. Broke 3 ratchets and only accomplished breaking one bolt loose. So frustrated I thought I would just call it a day, and go get some new ratchets. So while at Harbor Freight, I went over board. But it's hard not too there. Bought some new ratchets, a 1/2" impact, a handful of new wrenches, and some impact sockets. Then I went to clean the car, and thought, I should do something to the car today...

So I stopped in at Pep boys and picked up a K&N drop in filter. Then from there, went and I got a PVC cap, some nylon strap, and some garage door stuff. This is what my front floor boards looked like coming back:

First thing I did when I got home, was the intake. Modified OEM goodness.

K&N Filter, removed emissions bs extra filter, and removed the resonators. The white cap I need to paint still, but when I got back to the house, it turned out I had no paint of any color. So that'll have to be touched up later.

Then I looked at the front bumper and thought I'd just remove the lower grill inserts. But that would of looked REALLY dumb. So instead, I popped out the little fuax grills, and drilled them out to be a real flowing grill. Which means air goes to the OEM ducting much faster, and much cooler.

Blam-o! Looks pretty stock and unmodified to me! (minus that giant white cap on the intake tube. lol)

Then from there, I tackled something super easy. A little mod Victor came up with, and seeing it on Eric's car (sakura) made me want to do it with mine. Not only is it genius, but also subtle, and fully functional! These two are the masters of esthetics! So here's my attempt to be cool like them! The hatch strap.

(I <3 the sigma 10-20mm. It makes things look so different that they really are sometimes. Originally I shot the angle lower, and the hatch glass, was gone.)

And to top off my night... I used some of those garage door parts, to make a front lip. I even used the exact same lip on my xB... Except this time instead of going all the way around the bumper, I just did the front flat part. It seems to give it a nice look in my opinion.

See, you can barely tell it's there! Little inspiration from the kings of esthetics!

And one artsy HDR. I wanted to try a style I've never done before. On this one, I used a B&W HDR profile with editing, then upped the highlight saturation a tad to only bring out the blues in the sky, and in reflections.

So yeah, fun stuff. Glad to be wrenching on a Scion again, that actually belongs to me.

·
-EC HFD YO-
6,809 Posts
That hdr pic looks really good! Can't wait to see it nice n low!
Any idea on what style wheels you want to go with?

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
BOOOO tC's.... just kidding man its looking good and the little mod you did to the grills looks great and is a sleeper mod

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stock for a while. Part of me wants Diamond Racing Steelies, another part wanted sawblades, then Nathan picked up a set... So scratch that idea. I have no idea really right now. I need tires soon though, so once tax refund shows up in the bank, i'll be ordering up a set of Federals so that at least I'll having amazing grip.

Once it's nice and low, I think that'll help me figure out the wheel style I want. I'll be able to visualize it better, than having to look at all that rally gap.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd love to rock these:

Wouldn't even have to have them shipped, as Dayton Wire Wheels is just 40 minutes away from me... But they are like 600-700 a pop for a 16". I'd be different as hell, and yet, a classic throw back. I've been thinking of using really bad 50's-60's black and white Outer Limits sci-fi stuff as my inspiration for interior design, and some engine bay design. Basically enlisting the help of someone handy with a air brush gun and very artsy... Maybe I can send Al some work :D

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
black and chrome spokes with a white lip would be sick...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nice. I like small creative mods. Those wheels look pretty legit too. The old school wire looks cool with some color

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rep point for you two Dion for being Happy for My Happiness. :D

And yes, those wheels are awesome. I'd actually get the bright blue, and leave them. They also advertise a green (like the background of this site) as a color as well.

And L3MUR I am inspired by those here. Because I love the members of this site so much, and the constant helping of each other out.

Clubxb and hfd... a marriage made in heaven?

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Seeing that one of my xB mods found a place on a tC made my heart all warm with joy and eyes teary. LOL:D
Anyway, cool to see you do some work on your ride and it's great that the ride is a Scion!

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seeing that one of my xB mods found a place on a tC made my heart all warm with joy and eyes teary.
Oh that's not all. I'll be doing the door switch cut off too. For when the key is in the ignition, and the door is open, you can flip the switch and kill the alert noise. I do believe that was your genius too.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
20 bucks says you lock you keys in the car at least twice in the next year because you forgot to turn the buzzer back on. lol.
Wait, who said that?

·
-EC HFD YO-
6,809 Posts
Those wheels would be a pita to clean!
Ssr Vienna wheels would looks super dope and classy!

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far so good. I've left my key in the ignition a few times even with the buzzer working. I don't pay attention to noises like that. Unless it clunks, squeals, knocks or rocks... I don't hear it.

---------- Post added 02-02-2012 at 09:34 PM ----------

I'm too broke to be that classy. Thats why I will not saddly, get those wires. Even though they represent me so well, it's not in the budget. Old school and classy combined, right up my alley. But unfortunately, you gotta pay to play. And I am the towel boy in the game.

·
Missing a couple doors
3,942 Posts
I have two sets of sawblades. Honestly it wouldn't bother me if you were on the same wheels as me, but its up to you.

Oh, and subscribed for future updates.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
wooot! for nonstockness! i dont think i have ever seen diamonds on a TC. that might be pretty cool and afordable too!

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And I have a catback on the way... So I should be done for a little while after the cat back comes in, and coils go on.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts