1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
On here once in a while!
547 Posts
I personally think that the "stock" ones will be worth more!
IMO, no one wants to buy a heavily modded car, such as painted and ridiculous-looking interiors, hacked-up wiring(headlights & stereos) and especially "homemade" mods.

I know what I'm talking about cause I've worked at a car dealership for almost 10 years and I've seen the "modded" cars fetch less $$$ than the "stock" ones...:)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I personally think that the "stock" ones will be worth more!
IMO, no one wants to buy a heavily modded car, such as painted and ridiculous-looking interiors, hacked-up wiring(headlights & stereos) and especially "homemade" mods.

I know what I'm talking about cause I've worked at a car dealership for almost 10 years and I've seen the "modded" cars fetch less $$$ than the "stock" ones...:)

YEah, there is over a million dollars in classic collectable cars spread all over my work that I look at everyday. It just sucks that they look stock and have no character.

I don't see an xB pulling in $250000 at Barret Jackson anytime soon, so I'll stick with the custom.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well now, I've read people saying "this car being a collectable" before but i thought people were just saying that because they love this car and any car people love will eventually become "collectable". So, ya'all making it sound like you know for sure this car is not going to be in production for a long period of time. I never heard that before. Where did you hear this and why would they stop making a car that seems to be so popular and is such a great car? rbarrett

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well now, I've read people saying "this car being a collectable" before but i thought people were just saying that because they love this car and any car people love will eventually become "collectable". So, ya'all making it sound like you know for sure this car is not going to be in production for a long period of time. I never heard that before. Where did you hear this and why would they stop making a car that seems to be so popular and is such a great car? rbarrett
the box style is no more as of 07.5 . This is what it might look like

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Production for the XB ended on 12/31/06. Dealers still have vehicles in their inventory. Example, I was talking with the sales manager yesterday locally and he's still got 16 in his inventory, including some RS 4.0's. But after that it's over, same with the XA's. I believe the new designs are set to go on sale around May but I could be wrong about the date. They are set to premier at the Chicago Auto show on the 8th of Feb.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ref. to metro 273, stock worth more than loaded. I think some of that will depend on what options your talking about. Many of the options people put on their cars first are options most people would want and just add to other vehicles at buying (i.e. cruise control, tinted windows, alloy wheels, fog lights etc.) I think these type things will make your car worth more and more desirable. Now, when you start talking about things outside the norm (chandaleirs, recarro bucket seats, turbo systems), then it's going to be hard to get your moneys worth there. Ref. to 12/31/06 being the last production date, Damn, i just bought an 06 and i love it and i'm sure glad i did now. I don't like the pix of what some people are posting as the new one coming out. BTW what's an RS 4.0? and, sometimes when i've been looking for things online i've seen a listing for xb 3.0, what is that? I still think it's crazy to stop making this car when everybody seems to love it but, got mine, i ain't gonna complain.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The thing that I'm afraid of most is the theft rate on our vehicles will jump big time, especially in the Southwest! Replacing one will then become more difficult the further away we get from post production! We all need to keep an eye out on our neighbors Xb! Wow, I'm starting to sound like a politician.

Laz

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Its not crappy at all to stop production of this car. This is exactly what Scion wanted to happen when they stated that each model was only going to run for three short years. Do you want the xB to end up another PT?

As far as the R.S 3.0 & 4.0 they are limited release vehicles....the 3.0 is Envy green, with DVD player etc. and only a small number of them are produced. Same with the 4.0 but it is in 'Torched Penny' a color shifting paint. its a very cool car.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
And to think I have 4 of them currently. HMMMMMM

First you will here ho wToyota went out on a limb to make this rediculously square car in a time of aerodynamics, and how it was getting 33 or 34 MPG, at a time when most cars barely got 30MPG, then you will here about the no haggle price.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Skeeter, i'm usually not a huge fan of way out there colors on cars. Gotta say that new 4.0 "torched penny" color looks amazing. I'm jealous. So, you got 4 xb's, but theres only two of you? Kinda funny, but i like it!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
It is a Bitc* figuring out which to drive, and our son soon to be 13 wants a
RS2 short bus. Well the stich RS1 will be up on the market as soon as I get the cleared title. I didnt buy them to sit on um, I bought them because we like the colors. One person was turning around on our culdesac and stopped to ask whose they were or was there a car club meeting or show. NOT.

The rs4 is beatifull in full sun light or under some broght florescent(SP) lights

·
Registered
247 Posts
On most cars I've always liked black first, white second, then...others. I actually really liked TCM best on the xb (which is what i got), followed by green. But now i think (all though i haven't seen it in person but the pictures are pretty vivid) i like this new torch penny best. Can hardly wait to see one live.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.