Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do u install the arm rest?

do u just put it in there or what.

i see there is a bracket that comes with it, what do i do with it?

help please.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
lol, rick. which arm rest did you get. theres a nice one that the dealer carrys that mounts where that back cup holder type thing is. its a very easy install. and theres one that kinda bracket mounts to the seat rails or something. which im not in favor of. ive been wanting one but never really took the time to look for one.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i got it through the dealer for 89.00

i put it in the back cup holder, but it wiggles around. its not stable or secure.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
hrm, i havent looked into it much, ill see if i can find out something more for you. how do you like it other than that?

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
we just discussed this in another tread........if its the oem armrest it has an ugly u shaped clamp that lock on under the console. Mine came with instructions

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i got it done.
man that clamping piece was a pain in the butt to put on.
other than that it is very secure now, doesnt wiggle or anything.

i actually love it. i so use to an armrest, i catch myself falling over to the right because i use to not have an armrest.

it is great i sit down like a king in my xb.lol

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
lol i just slouch forward. maybe i should get an armrest too. i catch my self sometimes and thing... DAMN andy sit back. lol

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The one I bought goes in the rear cup holder, you just remove the screw put the arm rest in and use the included longer screw then you install the top storage compartment. This is it behind the e-brake handle. I dont have a better pic of it, but it is painted hot lava, and I put a light in to lightup the pocket near the e-brake handle.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice, i bought the stock one.
i like it, i still have a cupholder.
i think i might paint mine later down the line.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
im ready to get one from the dealership. i want the cup holder...

w00t! hit 12000 mi on the way to work

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the prevailing.... of... da da da daaaaaaa.... KING RICK

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the arm rest isnt low, your arms are just too short. but what do i know. i dont even have arms... or an armrest accordingly.

the paint match DOES look good!

hahah i read up a few posts and i said i hit 12000 miles on the way to work... now im at 22000+ and that was feb20th. so 11000 miles roughly in 3 months. phew thank godness for good mpg. thats what 200 miles a day will get ya.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts