Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some bad info on the safety of the box. I take my kids everywhere in mine and I have a 22 mile drive to work. Can anyone tell me how safe they really are?

Thankx,
Michele

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have seen some bad info on the safety of the box. I take my kids everywhere in mine and I have a 22 mile drive to work. Can anyone tell me how safe they really are?

Thankx,
Michele
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift and that is why it is called the present.--UNKNOWN

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Um....yeah.......Basically, the only thing I've ever seen a problem with, are moronic drivers flipping the box, or idiots that knock the front ends off. If they passed US road safety tests, then it should be safe enough.....You're not gonna get all the amenities of the luxury wagons/vans tho.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Dingo! That is what I needed to know. I also saw an internet site that said it got a 4 on the crash test.

Thank you very much!!

Michele

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
So i went through 10 pages of that nightmare and didn't see any catastrophic damage to the cabin/pass compartment. The one on its roof still looked pretty intact:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I ran my first one down a 50ft embankment avoiding a deer. Did a 180 and it ended up being totalled. I didn't get a scratch and no glass broke. I bought another with the insurance money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ya not really a lot of horrible wrecks but it appears the metal sides damage to easy...with the flipped box i was kinda puzzled not sure exactly how you flip an xB.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i was kinda puzzled not sure exactly how you flip an xB.
Check out YouTube.
Some idiot teenagers were driving recklessly and managed to flip one. The kids were fine and taped the whole thing to share with the world :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
WOWo!
i just watched the video... that WAS a nice xB, totaled for sure though.
But the cabin of the vehicle held up rather well. and it did not appear the driver even had on his seat belt
(saw the dash seatbelt light plinking)..

so, from that i would conclude:

-xB's are rather safe vehicles
-and that you can flip them
(although the video did show what they hit to make them flip.)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Couple of months ago My wife and I were in a head on collision with a Ford Ranger. My wife and I walked away no problems. The couple in the Ranger very sore and bruised (they were wearing seatbelts). After that I feel very safe in them.

Just a week ago her xB was rearended and no problems (It sucks 2 accidents in her car in less than 6 months) Both due to teenage drivers not paying attention.

We own 2 boxes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So here it I was hoping it wouldn't come to this because my car is so new and it's shameful. I love the box and it's an awesome car, but I let an old friend borrow it and he smacked a pole outside the driver side doors are pretty F'd up. Hence no pics, but i'm slowly fixing it and still modding around it. Anyways after the extensive damage that my idiot friend did to my car the cabin is totally fine and the car still drives like it did when i first bought it. So no big deal. I would never notice except almost daily I go and stare at it mumble a few profanities. Oh well it happened and he wasn't hurt...well not in the accident at least.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hit a highway sign at 60+ mph . Did some pretty good damage. I was unharmed. Even better, the XB crashed very well. It crumpled where it was supposed to, took the damage and repaired great. See!!!

And After...

·
Forgets to check this
133 Posts
Yea someone hit my rear while I was sitting at a stoplight
he hit me and one other car at about 60,both there cars are toatled,and mine just has some big crumples on the back and right side.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.