Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
That's the main reason why I like Scion, they see that too many people are getting the cars......So they're gonna keep it selective.

I personally thought that they'd only sell the cars to new tuners or people that are starting new families......But that is just me, and I have no way a reflective idea on how a car should be sold...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
When 'the box as we know it' ends production in early December this year (just a week or so away), that will be all there are, and the numbers will only go down from there (accidents, etc.).

What that article is referring to as the 'next generation of the xB' is likely NOT going to be called "xB" and will be quite different (longer, lower, wider, bigger engine).

Very soon, now, the last of our xBs will be made, and there won't be any more.

Tomas

·
Registered
490 Posts
The one I just bought(my second) had a little card in the glovebox that had a bunch of Japanese writing and the date 11 6 2006.

·
3,453 Posts
It's ALWAYS a pleasure to ride in my backseat. ;)

If you're a hot girl who likes to steam up windows :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
i was sitting down eating dinner and i was looking out the window and happend to see 3 of them drive by in less than an hour.....and saw about 3 of them on the freeway they are getting more and more popular!.....there goes the unique whip......but atleast once a week i hear "wow i like your car" come out of someones mouth......its kinna funny kuz my car is practically stock but i still get the look from people.....the kind of look you get when you are in a classic car....if you know what i mean....but to me that makes the car worth having...kuz you never get that look or complement if you are driving a honda acura bmw or most other brands......:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Indeed. The xB is still a head-turner, even when you own one.. or two (as some of our members do).

And Scion's pull on the supply and demand concept is smart. Because it'll keep the resale value relatively high, enable some creative options and/or pricing - such as even more limited editions. When BMW starts having RS2.0-like vehicles, then we know it's time for Scion to go. Haha.

·
3,453 Posts
I agree, there's too many tC's around my city as well.

Most of them are of 2 extremes: young girls driving them, or old ladies....I hardly see any guys driving a tC - if one is spotted, it's a tuner.

xB's have 2 crowds: tuner and family - subcategory old ladies.

Sadly, there are few xA owners in my area who actually mod their car. the rest are little old ladies who don't clean their cars and pile on the bumper stickers.....And no, I am not trying to stereotype, it's what is observed.

Note: There is nothing wrong with an older person owning/driving/modding Scions, this is all just what is observed on an every day basis.

·
Registered
45 Posts
:D when i was talking to my parents about a car .. i wanted the xb .. it was different.. i had to have it... they started to get worried about price and safty. it was then that i was really proud of the xb.. my parents looked for 2 months for a better deal as far as better mpg, depenablitly and ect.....
i worked at sonic for about 6 months.. in that time i earnd the money to buy my box, then when i went to work at a convience store i made enuff money to start making the box my own.... underglow headlights taillights ect...

and as polarproject said... it is great when you are driving along or sitting at a red light and sombody yells "dude i love your car" ...

i live in east texas.. there are only about 4 in my town .. i own one.. after my gen manager seen it and got in it.. she now has one.. one of my aunts seen mine and now she has one.. then there is this one guy that works down the street from my subway that has one.. i know sad i know about most of the scions in my area..about 10 or so in the area .. 50 or so miles in all directions.. its great to own one..

oh and yea.. she likes the fold down seat:rolleyes:

yea... anyway ..

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Master Shake said:
Indeed. The xB is still a head-turner, even when you own one.. or two (as some of our members do).
Or three xB's. :D And one tC. But, yea, I still think xB's are the coolest things on the road.

·
Registered
362 Posts
When I was a teen, having a car was what mattered the most and I enjoyed having a car... any car... Well.. that thrill of owning a car did not last long.. and i looked for more...

When I was in my 20s, my ego got bigger so I bought the car with status and creature comfort.... I liked the fact that people treat me differently when i pull up in my car.... I was shallow. it was good having a car that others envy but it was a burden mostly in my wallet... :eek:

Now i am in my 30s (still young... i know..), i got wisen up but still has big ego and i want to be different.... Well, there aren't that many cars out there that i consider "smart buy" that can satisfy my desire.... My RS3 satisfies both needs.. and that's why i love it. :cool:

Wonder what in my 40s will bring.... :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
i've owend my xb for over a year now....and i have to say im in love with it....i havnt found another car that is an all around great car like mine...i plan on keeping my car untill it turns into a fossil and just wont drive.....i may buy another car but i will never get rid of my car EVER!.....the thing i love the most about it is all of the head room.....i let my stepdad drive it the other day and he's around 6' tall and he was like "i could wear a top hat in here and still have room".....lol;)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
well next year arent they just making the tc. Unless they hurry with replacements, I believe that they will have trouble with that many tcs in one year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I drive around VA all the time but rarely do i see a Fixed-up Xb same as in MD just got back from New mexico and saw 2 nicely done ones

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.