Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need some input here! I have posted this on 2 other sites with no reply.I installed a set of Drop Zone springs on my box a couple of days ago. The rear springs are wound very close for the first 5 or so rows. The last 2 rows are spaced much further apart. Heres where it gets sticky! After putting the car on the ground there is no space between the coils on the top rows at all and the bottom rows look the same with a large gap. Is this normal? It seems to ride just fine but looks kind of strange? :eek:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I wanna say on my Tein's the tightly rolled coils are at the bottom.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rear coils

Well the damn springs didnt come with any instructions and the only thing I had to go bye was where the name of the spring is printed on the spring. I thought you should be able to read it? I was really wondering about the tight coils. Do yours actually touch each other? Mine are flat slammed against each other.Thanks for the reply!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
slikRick said:
Well the damn springs didnt come with any instructions and the only thing I had to go bye was where the name of the spring is printed on the spring. I thought you should be able to read it? I was really wondering about the tight coils. Do yours actually touch each other? Mine are flat slammed against each other.Thanks for the reply!

I'll run down and check.

Attachments

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
On my Spy springs when I had them, a few of the lower most coils touched also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone else have hocthkis springs, there is 5 or 6 dead coils on the back springs ,just wondered if this was right ,after seeing the other pictures of springs I am thinking that these springs are bad .

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
You should have seen the Spy springs, they were about the same. And up front, there were at least 3 full coils that were touching.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lowering springs

Ok I called Drop Zone today and talked with their tech guy and he said that the springs are progressive rate springs and that they are suposed to be touching like that. I counted them today and there are 7 rors touching and 2 wide rows. Just thought you guys might like to know what I found out. Thanks to everyone! :D

·
ScionApocalypse.com
80 Posts
Re: lowering springs

Ok I called Drop Zone today and talked with their tech guy and he said that the springs are progressive rate springs and that they are suposed to be touching like that. I counted them today and there are 7 rors touching and 2 wide rows. Just thought you guys might like to know what I found out. Thanks to everyone! :D

Goldlines are the same progressive type. Im think of changing springs. Do you have pics of the drop? How much did it lower it.

·
ScionApocalypse.com
80 Posts
Re: lowering springs

Chris,
What springs are you running now? Your drop does not look bad...

Laz
Im running the Goldlines right now, they are a 2 inch drop. I am considering the Dropzone but havent seen a xb with them installed yet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Eibach Sportlines do the same thing, over half of the coils are touching each other under compression, and they're installed so that the coils touching are on top. Looks like a freakin' bee hive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.