Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I installed my led tails from bBist today and whenever I put the car in reverse(its an automatic) it pops the fuse labled GAUGE under the dash. Anyone dealt with this and/or know what might cause this? I checked and there are no pinched wires.

Also note: I put the car in reverse with the e-brake up and went to the back and I noticed the drivers side backup is not lit and the passenger side is real dim if that helps you 2 help me.

Thanx fellas.

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
i would check to see if the bulbs are turned all the way making contactand in the right places. i never had a problem with my led tails.they could be defective too.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
If u noticed when u had ur tail lights out u have 3 holes to run the wires threw into the body . Make sure u run the wires threw more than one hole alot times thats were people make a mistake and the wire gets pinched on the sharp metal were the wire goes into the cars body. When i did mine i took electrical tape taped the wires up into two pairs ran threw 2 of the holes so the tape will hold the wires together and wont let one wire get pinched.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm retarded fellas. After taking the tailights out once I had daylight today I noticed I DID have a pinched wire. It was the white one for the reverse light on the driver's side tail. Cut out the pinch spot and used a butt conector and its all good now.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Glad you found the problem! :D

Tom

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yup pinching the backup wire will cause that issue.. My son did that when he installed my tails...same issue same problem. blows the fuse it does;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.