Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Scion 100,000 mile club
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if there is already a thread about this did a search but didn't find anything. So is anyone using one, reason im asking is my cousin might be able to get me one for a really good price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dad knows the owner of K&N so I got a really good price plus an easy install if ya have the tools. I had to borrow some from my neighbor but I wouldn't buy any other intake besides K&N since they are the best.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a Typhoon CAI and I love it, except when I see deep puddles. I've had it on for about 2 years, no problems and it has for sure more get up and go. In Florida it gets so hot that it does no good in the daytime with all the heat radiating up from the blacktop. I got mine for 145.00 off ebay so I got a good buy.

Install took my hubby who is a technician, 20 mins. in the parking lot. Unhook your battery to assure you don't short out your computer and let your car idle for a little while before test driving and good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just installed the K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake this afternoon. I have a 2006.5 Xb, and there were some install hang-ups because the directions are for a 03-05 Xb. The directions are top notch, the intake in excellent in quality and the performance is very noticeable. Definitely worth the $170 (shipped) off EBay that I paid.

Oh, and people with fog lights, zero problems. Fits perfectly.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry I didn't respond to the question you asked. I think it was just a guy who changed his mind, not a store. Glad you like your intake. Can't go wrong with a K&N. I still like the suckeeee! sound when I floor it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where are the dyno numbers for these intakes? I know most people recommend Fujita, but I'm wondering if it's even been objectively dynoed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I highly doubt there is any noticable difference between any of these intakes. Pick the one you like the best and buy it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I really like my K+N CAI works good installed easy and looks good too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Remember !!!!
As of this date I can find no street legal CAI for 2006 for California C.A.R.B.
In California your vehicle can be seized for non-approved mods!
If you find one let me know. Investigate carefully as the sellers are rife with deception on the years the application is qualified , even with an O.E. sticker.
I have spoken to every source personnally as of 05/06/2008.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.