Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The World Famous
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the lowering kit from B-G Suspension? I saw a Xb with a set and rolling on 19" wheels. Anyone out there have any opinion on them. They say they only drop it 1.25" and are a progressive rate.

Billy

·
Registered
59 Posts
b&g made the first sets of springs labeled for spy eng. i have their 2 in springs had them for 3 years and happy, you will blow out shocks, but thats how it is with any lowered scion. go 2in not 1.25 its not low enough trust me, id go 1 more if i could

brent

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I have the TRD's. they're roughly an inch or so drop, so it's subtle. It's noticeable, but I'd like it lower. You won't blow out the shocks for awhile, many people have been running the 2in drop springs for at least a year and they've had no problems.

Although after a little while, it IS a good idea to replace the shocks.

All in all, it's your decision, but if you ask most people, they will tell you they enjoy the lower drop as opposed to a subtle one.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the only thing worse than being too low is not being low enough.

·
Registered
630 Posts
They also have a set of coilovers out to that is 18 or 36 way adjustable I can't remember. And drops real low almost like bags is what I was told.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have 1.5 in the front and 1.7 in the rear wish i would have gone lower, but got them on discount for 50% off so I can not complain.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My friend ran B-G coil overs on his SE-R and they were were great. I havent ridden on much better suspension as far as coil overs go. If B-G made spy springs, then thats what I'm running on now. I've had them for over 6 months and the only complaint is that they are pretty bouncy. I'm compairing it to my last ride which was a truck on bags though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah I was a little confused with it. It really depends on the roads im driving on. There's shitty highways in some of the suburbs of chicago and the car seems to get really bouncy on some of them but be smooth on others. Now that I have 16's it rides smoother though, which still doesnt make sense since there is less tire. Oh well I still love the drop. I want to get rear shocks soon, but we'll see how the $$$ situation is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.