Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought some new window wipers but havent seen anyone post a diy on it... anybody got any tips, hand em over... :D .. thanks!

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
There is a little clip I don't remember if you pull up or push in but you will see. Then slide the old off then just side new on. Very easy.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i think he means the whole wiper itself. like the plastic peice too. if so, it's just one nut which is at the base of the wiper coverer by a little flap.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats what i meant to say... the whole plastic not just the rubber part... tomorrow i will try this project... ill take pics to let u guys see the results.. :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
There should be a little clip that holds the wiper assembly to the arm. If it's on the bottom side of the end of the arm you usually push up on it.

What kind of wipers did you get?

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There should be a little clip that holds the wiper assembly to the arm. If it's on the bottom side of the end of the arm you usually push up on it.

What kind of wipers did you get?

I got some with a carbon fiber shell.... i dunno the brand... im too lazy to go look.. hence i left em in the car... tomorrow i will post pics.. :D

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Remove the cap and then there is a 10mm nut. You will have the stand the arm up and then gently rock the base off, the stud that the wiper arm goes on is nurled. Before you remove the old ones put a peoce of tape on the wind shield so you know where to line up the new wipers. Believe me this makes it much easier.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remove the cap and then there is a 10mm nut. You will have the stand the arm up and then gently rock the base off, the stud that the wiper arm goes on is nurled. Before you remove the old ones put a peoce of tape on the wind shield so you know where to line up the new wipers. Believe me this makes it much easier.
thanks for the info skeeter but im just looking on replacing the base on where the rubber part goes... not the whole arm...

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the final product... didnt take me more than 20 minutes to do..

Before...

Wiperless...

New Wipers.. :D

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
what the heck are wipers?

I ditched mine to make room for the strut towers.

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
Not like you'll need them in Arizona. :)
yeah, well I did have a douchebag at a gas station give me crap because my tires are so thin... what am I going to do when I get stuck in the mud or snow?
damn snow birds.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
yeah, well I did have a douchebag at a gas station give me crap because my tires are so thin... what am I going to do when I get stuck in the mud or snow?
damn snow birds.

Only you would have some old snowbird bag on you :) :) HaHaHaHa :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
damn snow birds.

Even better is when you get asked... "How do your driove that thing?" or... "How do you turn?"

·
Registered
672 Posts
damn snow birds.
Hahaha, my gf lived in az for a year or two, she told me all about the snowbirds and their crappy driving, lol, accidents all over the place bc of them from what she said...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I take mine off for shows, can't keep them off all the time here in So Cal. Most of the time but not all the time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.