Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to put 15-18" chrome 100 spoke wire wheels on there xb. I jave seen it once and i was wondering how wide you could go and low with no problems. Here is a pic of the one I have seen. Its pretty sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
anyone know where to get spokes that'll fit the box? I looked at Dayton's website and all their applications are rear wheel drive.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have this pic. This one was on eBay awhile back.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can get the wires through ebay... you can also get them through playerwirewheels.com ... and even from your local car shop

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
my friend just bought a set of 15x7 OG wire 100 spokes for his box. Look amazing, but he had to cut out a big chunk of his caliper for them to fit. They wouldn't clear the top edge, so they removed it. He's dropped about 3 inches all the way around, and no other problems other than the calipers...yet. I once wanted to buy spokes, but ended up not wanting to deal with the maintence/potential problems. Gotta be careful when buying, because there a lot of companies that sell cheap wires. The silicone doesn't hold after a few months resulting in air leaks. Ask about their warranty against leaks, and if they say anything less that a year I wouldn't buy. Dayton has a lifetime warranty on their wheels, but don't make anything to fit an Xb yet. They are in the process though, and when I talked to them about it 6 months ago they said maybe at the first of the year.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just run tubes and you don't need to worry about leaks. You can use tubes with modern radial tires.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went to get wires put on my bow and they told me they couldnt because of clearance issues. the drum brakes are rubbing. so i bought some different rims. I still would like to have the wires so if anyone knows how to solve this problem with little money possible let me know.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The drums were rubbing??? What were the specs on them? All xb's that I've seen running wires only have problems with the front calipers rubbing. Backs fit fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.