Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone seen a right hand drive in the U.S. I just found out I can get a front clip for around $1200 and about $1200 installed. does anyone have any pics of some I need to see if the motor still sits in the same spot and how the interior looks if possable thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yes but it was an authentic bB. To be authentic, youll have the automatic on the column, and youll have to get a new ECU to run the JDM 1nzfe. (not the same as USDM). You will have QUITE a bit of work ahead of you if you do this, and it will not be easy. I really dont believe it can be done for 2400. Expect more like 5-6K to get everything right and correct. Best of luck to ya on it, and may the force be with you. If it was honestly that easy, everyone would have it.

scotty

·
Registered
827 Posts
anyone seen a right hand drive in the U.S.

Yep, delivers my mail every day lol. other than that, I have never seen one. I hear there are quite a few on the west coast.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i saw a skyline by d land not to long ago
NICE!! I have never seen one on the road, but I would love to. I heard a guy in Baltimore has a blue one, but I have yet to see it. Probably a garage car....

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
There was a real bB at Exposed, in SoCal, Feb2004. Right hand drive and all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i saw a skyline by d land not to long ago
i used to see about 5 skylines a day :D also seen countless land cruisers, authentic celsiors (one pre-done out with a wald aero kit) not to mention rarities like a nissan pao, nissan figaro, nissan s-cargo, suzuki alto works, suzuki every van, toyota blizzard, etc. gotta love canada's 15 year rule :D
- Dustin

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes but it was an authentic bB. To be authentic, youll have the automatic on the column, and youll have to get a new ECU to run the JDM 1nzfe. (not the same as USDM). You will have QUITE a bit of work ahead of you if you do this, and it will not be easy. I really dont believe it can be done for 2400. Expect more like 5-6K to get everything right and correct. Best of luck to ya on it, and may the force be with you. If it was honestly that easy, everyone would have it.

scotty
hey scotty is the 1nzfe the motor cause I dont plan on doing the motor. The guy thats doing it is good ive seen his work its bitchen plus hes giving me a friend price on the work and hes only doing the firewall and dash and steering and whatever is connected to the fire wall

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The 1nzfe is the stock xB motor. They run MAP with a different ECU though and we run MAF. If you do the dash and all that, youll want to do the authentic stuff and that at minumum requires different tranny linkage as the transmission shifter is on the tree. Theres no floor mounted bB in J-land. On this site, go look at KapitanE's. He has an authentic bB to give ya a look into what is needed and how much of a change it is. Best of luck on your switch. If it's as easy as your friend thinks it is, there will be a line of RHD conversions on xBs coming to him! (including mine).

scotty

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 1nzfe is the stock xB motor. They run MAP with a different ECU though and we run MAF. If you do the dash and all that, youll want to do the authentic stuff and that at minumum requires different tranny linkage as the transmission shifter is on the tree. Theres no floor mounted bB in J-land. On this site, go look at KapitanE's. He has an authentic bB to give ya a look into what is needed and how much of a change it is. Best of luck on your switch. If it's as easy as your friend thinks it is, there will be a line of RHD conversions on xBs coming to him! (including mine).

scotty
you know how bad I want to do this but its so hard to just cut up my car and trash it but he wants to do his also but I think I am going to let him do his first but its not going to be authentic. Thats the way I was going to do mine also. But I read in one of squirrels old posts that it is probablly easier to just import one in. have you ever looked into doing it and how much do you think that would cost because if its not to bad I would sell mine in a heartbeat

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Getting it here wont be the hard part. Its legalizing and registering that is a ******. Getting it here might be able to get done for 5K or so on top of purchase price. Getting it legalized, especially in Cali, is your prob.

scotty

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thats too bad too. I want an open deck sooooo bad.

Why oh why did they not import that one?:( :mad: :( :mad: :(

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Thats too bad too. I want an open deck sooooo bad.

Why oh why did they not import that one?:( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Because the people who do our overseas scouting have no taste.....

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Why sell a FF car with a 2.5 foot bed when you can get a Chevy that is twice the size for the same price?? That's why we don't get that stuff. Canada needs to acquire the U.S. so we can have the 15 year rule. Cuz I'm not moving any farther north.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.