Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone see this?

4K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  excitebox 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I'm kinda disappointed that someone leaked the photos. I was with someone who was talking to someone on the phone while they were at the Miami event at that "other" website (lol). It was enough for me to hear, but the temptation was just so great I had to see it. :( now I'm mad at myself and whoever put those photos up. It's like knowing what you are getting for your birthday. poop. Next time I'll just go mod something on the box for a few weeks and not touch the computer. lol

#10 ·
The most upsetting thing to me about the new vehicle shown in those pics (it really is the replacement for our xB that is shown), is that they plan to call it an xB. :(

It is a nice vehicle, and will very likely be a winner, but it is NOT an xB! :mad:

Tom

#11 ·
When I saw the Xb for the very first time, I said it was a hot looking car and whoever designed it was smoking the good stuff.

Apparently they tested positive and stopped smoking when they designed the 2008. Its like the FJ but smaller.

#13 ·
Looks closer to a CRV than an xB.

#16 · (Edited)
Toyota had no problem not changing Corolla tag when they switched from rear wheel drive to front. So they must really have reason to keep the name. I like the fact that it does not look anything like the original - our cars stay unique and that is a good reason to keep it without being tempted for an "upgrade".
New "xB" is a totally different vibe. Hard to say much from these pics, but I doubt it will have the kind of following the original enjoys. It has to be a better car in every mechanical sense, but it aint no BOX.

#23 ·
I don't plan on buying the 08, but I'm curious to see how those who do will fit into the scion culture. I have a feeling that xB2 owners will interact with us in the same way that xA owners currently do.

#25 ·
As I've said before, the xA is a greatly under-appreciated marvel of styling. If Scion would have spent a bit more time on their RS' for the xA, I think there'd be more of them around.

Obviously, since the new xB will be known as xB, we're gonna have to associate with them. This is club XB. Not clubfirstgenusxb.com Though if it really does have a 2.4....Expect the 'tudes of the 'fast and furious' crowd.

#27 ·
I wouldn't want to myself, I love this place. Though at the same time, you do realize that the people who buy the newly styled one will poke fun at ours becuause of the way too cool, yet wimpy, 1.5l we have.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.