Scion xB Forum banner

Would this kit look good in Polar White?

• yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • two tone black and white

Votes: 3 42.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has seen the Sniper kit in person? If so what are their opinion of it in person? Also anybody know about the quality of the Aeorogear Kit? They are the company that designed it correct? Their are now three or four different versions of it.

Also what rims would you run with this kit? (Keeping the idea of money is low)

Here is the kit

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I have not seen it in person, but my opinion is that it's one of the better wide-body kits out there. I'd personally run if it I took the time to allow a wider wheel fit more flush with the flares. Meaning a lot of cutting and rolling. Either way, my favorite part of the kit is the front bumper, I think it really adds a touch of aggression to the box.

·
Registered
762 Posts
fits like absolute garbage. also my friend had one and he got rid of it b/c the way the render openings are he couldnt run his air ride.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Scion had an envy green xb that had that kit on there and the fitment was off all over the place. On that xB, they were runnin' sportmax 002's but didn't fit right, so you probably need to go custom offset (not cheap).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ive seen this kit on a Scion factory car in person. It looks really nice but they did say fitment was an issue. Luckily corporate has lots of money and they got it to fit. We're usually not so lucky...

...here is the factory xB with the sniper kit.

·
Registered
762 Posts
what that pic doesnt show is the foglights falling out and the HORRID gap on the passenger side

·
Registered
163 Posts
guy named george has that scion sponsored green xb. he has a shop by me they had like countless hours in getteing it to fit ok notice i said just ok not right it to me is a imitaion wannabe wideboy. jus my opinion

·
Registered
762 Posts
youll spend another 500 in labor tryign to get it to fit

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not worried about the labor side of it I can do alot of it and have people to help for beverages that have installed many a body kit. I am really worried about the quality and it sounds questionable.

·
Registered
454 Posts
youll spend another 500 in labor tryign to get it to fit
Or more $$$, I have a friend who works at a body shop. He bought a cheapo FAB kit, he told me if you are going to get a kit, just spend the money on a good one. Chances are you'll spend the same amount if not more trying to get it to fit right as well as getting rid of crappy fiberglass jobs done right.

I suppose the moral is get it right the first time and it'll be less time and work involved in getting it on.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This kit is the Aerogear Sniper Body Kit, that sells for $1300 or so....a shop is clearing out their supply of them to make room. It is not a knock off it comes with a lifetime warranty on the craftsmanship of the kit.

·
Registered
454 Posts
IC, I have only seen the original pics when it first came out, I was stoked on it and I still am. I then saw the Green xB pic a few posts before mine. Most of the pictures I saw I could see gaps, and uneven fitment. However, I suppose the main thing is that you are going to spend more then just $500 on it. I assume you know this already, so I suppose the only thing I can say is go for it. As far as it being in Polar white, I think it will. I have a TCM and every kit on a TCM looks half as good as on other colors. lol. Just becareful with your budget, you already said it was tight. I don't want you to have the problem I did when I installed my stereo with my older bro. I spent all my money on equipment and forgot about some extra hardware like the bolts and a few cables. The stuff sat in my room staring at me for a few weeks before I could put more money together. I remember how that feels and it sucks. SO in the end GL to ya!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
two-tone metallic orange and cream. just get it and start saving for the rims. those will finish the car real nice. you can't skimp on the rims.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jim there is no way I would skimp on rims, you would sick Alex or Raul on me every time they came to Detroit...........and you would find where my father in law lives in Chicago to send hate mail!!!! only kidding.

I am thinking about it. Problem is wife's boss went crazy last week and let her go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.