Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed today that you can reprogram the "Welcome" display in the Pioneer CD player that comes stock in th 2006 xB. It usually says, "Scion", when you start the car.

But you can put your own message in there, up to 16 letters.

I changed mine. Did anyone else? And if so, what did they change it to?

·
Registered
168 Posts
can also do that on the '05's. I bought another xB so my wife wouldn't drive the first one. I go in and change her radio message all the time and I wont tell her how it's done. it's said everything you can imagine..... :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
my says "Lucky Am I" in reference to how lucky i am right now, my life has had some downs in the last year with the military life not working out and such being on my own, and my scion is my sign of success to the world.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I want to change my wife's radio, but it says to push and hold the "A" button... which one is that on the '06? She wants the Japanese text.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
How do you change it? I want the japanese kanji on it.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ecstone said:
For the 06's you have to hold the MUTE button instead of the A button to change text.:cool:
^^^^^^^^ Got that, but what about the Japanese characters? That's what I what, have you tried that one yet? I know you're suppose to insert a disc, set it to track #2, and get it from there. So far, no luck......... :(

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's sweet, Boxlover, but shouldn't it be

C+P=LUV 4 EVR

(that's what my wife always writes).

Anyway, I'm glad to see that other people have put any kind of message at all. I think it's funny.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
How do you do it. I read it in the owener's manual and it confused the crap out of me.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.