Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know it is trivial, but man, that pot steel switch is killing me every time I put my key in. Ya'd think there would be an accessory cover.

Probably is somewhere, but have yet to see it. If there's nothing available, anyone made something cool?

Suggestions...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I've been thinking of making something that looks like the infinity M35 switch. I just got an idea...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big_Kokujin said:
I've been thinking of making something that looks like the infinity M35 switch. I just got an idea...
Keep us posted. Like I said, I haven't seen too many people say anything so, it seems there needs to be something made...

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
I dont like all the little scratches on the switch ether. Clearence the plastic and put a cap from your Mobil1 oil can over it? :confused:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Perhaps add a light around the ignition?

This isn’t a complete replacement, but a guy on SL did a write up on how to install a lighted ring around the ignition switch. At least it would cut down on the ugly scratches. Here’s the thread: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81354

Stupid question: could you just paint the visable part of the ignition?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Liesjemt said:
This isn’t a complete replacement, but a guy on SL did a write up on how to install a lighted ring around the ignition switch. At least it would cut down on the ugly scratches. Here’s the thread: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81354

Stupid question: could you just paint the visable part of the ignition?
You COULD paint it, but I would bet that after a short time, your keys will scratch the hell out of the paint and make it look worse than now. I was going to do something that may look better. I'll post pics...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.