Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah. The headlights on my Sentra are getting pretty foggy.

Someone told me that you can wet sand them with a very fine sandpaper & that should polish them out. That sounds kinda dangerous! Hahahaha! But yeah. If anyone knows what to do or what products I can use to clear out my headlights again, let me know. Thanks!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've been able to wet sand and buff headlamps.

WARNING/CAUTION
YOU ARE SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MODS/WORK/ALTERATIONS, THAT YOU DO/PERFORM ON YOURS/HIS/HER PROPERTY. BY PRECEDING THESE MOD/WORK/ALTERATIONS, YOU HAVE TAKEN FULL RESPONSIBILITY & NO OTHER PARTIES ARE LIABLE. USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION.USE SAFTEY FIRST.

You need to take the headlights off the car, 2000grt wetsanding paper, and a good buffer, and someone to hold while someone buffs. Wetsand a little then buff and repeat. Don't go crazy with the sanding, buff more than sanding. And don't buff one spot too long, the heat will damage the light if it gets too hot. You don't need a gritty wax/polish either.

Good luck.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You may not need to wetsand, try buffing first.

I have the same fog lights and I buffed them nice and shiny

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Get a tube of GS27 scratch remover. They use to sell it at walmart not sure if they still carry it. I'm sure you can get it at most auto supply like Schucks.Pep boys ect. It really work's great on foggy tail lights as well. It takes alittle rubbing though but you can do it by hand and on the car.( No need to remove the lights)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try that tube first. If that doesn't work, I'll go out to buy a buffer & some 2000 grit sandpaper. I need to buy a buffer anyways. ( ^_^)/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.