Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got to pass three to four XB's on my way to work everyday, is it any of you? Just going from Mount Juliet to Hendersonville and then back. So theres gotta be a bunch more in the area. I wouldn't be askin if they were untouched XB's. Most of them have had some sort of mods done. We really need to get some more stuff going on in the Middle Tennessee area. I'm new but I see a new money pit for mods in the near future!!! Seems like all the fun is happening in California. I hate to have bought a vehicle that I will have to move to California to have a good Scion car show at! J/K Would love to see more shows and events here. For you guys looking at this post that are from other areas of the country, how do you get the dealers to get more involved with the shows? I notice some of the pictures of the shows look to be in the dealers parking lots. I can't say enough how much this XB has changed my life. I LOVE IT!!! I've had projects that I've liked to work on then sell it and start something new. This XB, I can't hardly wait to do something else to it. It this considered an addiction?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah I agree with you. The west coast has all the fun. Im in Miami and there are hardly any events here. BTW, I used to work in Madison and lived in Clarksville. Hows the weather?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Mount Juliet, work in Hendersonville, and they race some of our race cars in Clarksville (Dirt Track). Weather here is, well 76 degrees yesterday and looks like going to be in the 40's through the rest of the week. Crazy weather here. One day shorts and t shirt next day thermal underwear and gloves. Weather is probably pretty nice down there right now, isn't it? I'd just like to see more events. Not just in this area, but in the SouthEast part of the country. We have Slammin Jammin here every Memorial day, but thats everything. I want to see Scion events!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah I miss Tennessee alot. I wish I could live there. I am born and raised in Miami and I have new roots here, so I cant go, plus my fiancee isnt to fancy on the country living. I still have my country twang though. Weather here is nice, not tooo tooo hot, but still. I agree, we need more events!!! Me and my fiancee are planning a HUGE car show in the summer. Dyno, break dancers, best in show, food, music, the whole 9.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am about 40 miles east of you. Halfway between Carthage and Smithville. There are three xBs around Carthage and I've seen three different ones in Lebanon. California? You've got to be kidding! There are about three times as many people in Los Angles as there are in all of Tennessee. Way too crowded for a country boy.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theelf, do you hang out with these others? If so thats what I'd like to see happen. I'd like to see some sort of Scion club in middle Tn. You know, hang out somewhere once a month or more, go to shows, maybe even organize some shows. As far as the California statement. What I am trying to say is everytime I get on here it's hey we went to Bla Bla's house and did this or that. I'd like to see more of that going on closer to home. You know what I mean.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Based on your location I assume you got your xB in Nashville which may be your best bet for what you have in mind. Sometime after the first of the year the Toyota dealership in Cookville say they are going to start selling Scions; but with no new models scheduled to be produced thats not likley. There are so few of us in middle Tennessee.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I bought mine at Beaman off Broadway. There aren't many off us, but there are still some. I hit the slammin and jammin show last year and there were about 8-10 xB's there. That was before I bought mine so I didn't really say anything then, but now that I have one its a different story. It's just a thought! Even if we can't get something huge together, then maybe just a meet somewhere every once and a while.

·
Registered
196 Posts
MBORO in dah house! yeah, the dealers are all happy cuz they dont have to promo...cuz xB are hot hot hot! I LOVE that you said xB changed your life...mine too. Although right now my only mods are sunroof and some lovely decals! yeppers we need to have us a get-together of the square kind. Ladies and gentlemen...start your toasters! vvvvvvvvvvvvvrrooom!:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm gonna start stoping XB's when I see them to get some info so I can get somethng organized. I don't have a lot of mods either, cleared lights, wiper delete, tinted windows, thats about it for now. Have a spare grill I'm working on now, and a special strut bar about to be released! Do you see many XB's in the Boro? I'll let you know if I can get something going.
Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've seen a few...maybe six or so. I think there are 2 on campus (MTSU) one black and one silver. I've seen a yellow one driving around town, but they are really are pretty scarce. I always honk and wave at fellow xB drivers. :) What color is yours?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I drive a BOP. Love the color, hate the upkeep! Seams like I'm always washing it. I use to joke with guys at work that washed there cars so often. Now I'm one of thoses guy washing it EVERY WEEKEND.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yesterday I saw a BCP and two BSP's in town, no mods that I could see. I also saw a BSP all decked out as a workmobile for a plumber or somekind of handyman type biz. The vinyl was white yellow and orange...very nice. Still lovin mine. I'm about 50 miles away from my first "free" oil change. :):)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
djangelbliss, I'm gonna try and get something organized to see who would make it. Even if its for the Slammin Jammin event. Would like a Scion event, but not a lot of people responding to the thread. My parents live over in Nunnelly (not sure on the spelling), and some friends of ours from Illinois just moved to Jackson.
All of us posting are scattered out, but I don't think it would hurt to meet up every once and a while.
FoxnBox, I see them everywhere anymore. I was at the car wash the other day (called out of work SICK) and there was an Envy green one there. Lisense said 2BENVD something like that, I headed home and passed it on the way home. Come to find out they live about 6 or 7 houses away from me. I haven't ever seen it before. It's garaged and it just happened to be out the day I stayed home. Going to have to go over and introduce myself and this Forum. They're are a bunch of them, just have to get them all interested in doing something with these AWSOME rides!

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah i can see we are all spread out i live in jackson as well and i to would like to see something going on there just not enough events going on around here.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FoxNBox, hey I was in the BORO last night. I was headed to McMinnville (spelling) and hit McDonalds off of one of the M'boro exits. I think it was the one by the movie theatre. There happened to be a white box turning left as I was turning right was that you? Looked like it had one of those support ribbons on the back? Just wondering.

Mike

1 - 20 of 45 Posts