Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An xB with wire wheels. Been throwing the idea around of 17" 100 spoke. I don't like the painted rims and all the shop around don't have any cool chrome ones in stock. So I might go wire. :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
There are a few around, but not many.

Tomas

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had thrown around the idea of getting a set of cheap wire wheels for fun since no one runs them. I spoke to my tat artist about it because he has tons of low riders and he said not to bother unless you spend a ton of money on good ones. Apparantly, cheap wire wheels leak air, hardly ever balance out, and corrode faster than you can clean them. It was good enough for me to not waste money :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
xscionB said:
i'm sorry, but that looks like sh**!!! xB, not a lowrider....
I've seen much worse at local Scion gatherings...:rolleyes:

Then again, what else runs chrome wires these days? ;)

Tomas

·
Registered
99 Posts
"what else runs chrome wires these days?" nothing, b/c they are dated and ugly. imo, and most likely in the eyes of automakers since none of them seem to put them on their cars.....

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I personally like the fact that the xb can be made to look many ways--be it JDM, VIP, Euro, Hotrod, Lowrider, Ratted-out,etc, etc...I'm actually stuck at the moment b/w a classic mini cooper look-alike build for my xb (I restore them as a hobby)--or, a cross between something Cali-inspired, yet with a bit of JDM flavor. I hate it when people think a car should look only a certain way...

·
Registered
194 Posts
victorr, you and Blimey need to get together... he has 2 restored mini's

personally, I think the box can look good allot of ways as long as it is tastefully done and not over done.

a really good set of wires will set you back over a grand... with that kind of money, I'm sure a person could find a real decent set of chrome wheels... IMO

I've seen allot of boxes done up different ways and for the most part have liked them... the main thing is do it how you like it... just keep in mind, that some day you might want to sell it.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
retro/JDM is called LA style in Japan. carriage top, fake sidepipes, billet mirrors and a hot rod inspired interior. two-tone paint etc etc.:eek:

·
Registered
611 Posts
those are pretty pimp. defintely will get alot of attention.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xscionB said:
i'm sorry, but that looks like sh**!!! xB, not a lowrider....
It's more of a lowrider then a sports car, My xB has a drop and sits low. I hate the sports car powdercoated rims, simply because this is not a sports car. I do agree that first pic above is a little out there, but a all BSP with tinted windows and chrome (NOT GOLD) wires might look good. Only problem is like mentioned before, the $1000+ price tag is a down side. Have not found any chrome rims that I like local and I am not going to buy online for suck a large purchase. I live in 4x4 country so most shops have either 4x4 stuff or fast and furious PC rims. Maybe I'll just have to go on a road trip and look in Seattle shops.

cheers

·
Registered
354 Posts
JDMJim said:
retro/JDM is called LA style in Japan. carriage top, fake sidepipes, billet mirrors and a hot rod inspired interior. two-tone paint etc etc.:eek:

Hehe--fake side pipes--I was toying with the idea of cutting my side skirts and running hooker pipes through them (mated to my DC headers)!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Only one I have, sorry.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
victorr said:
Hehe--fake side pipes--I was toying with the idea of cutting my side skirts and running hooker pipes through them (mated to my DC headers)!
Why not? It all comes down to what you like! That's why we drive xB's anyway!! We are not the "status quo" types!!

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was thinking of doing a squad car look to mine. I have a police interceptor sticker on the back as a joke. I was going to take it farther and put reflective body graphics on the side of it, but the cheese factor is a little to much for me.
I opted for full moon hub caps, they're cheaper than a rim/tire combo and I like the look.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah--I just whitewalled my tires (took 3 days--got the stuff from Iceland). It worked REAL great, but was a tedious job. Also have full racing discs as covers...hope to install it all tomorrow:D :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts