Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a ticket for a loud exhaust out here in Los Angeles,CA... but i wanna know if anyone with a db(decibal) meter has measured the noise the exhaust releases... Out here in cali.. the limit is i think 95db... but i seemed to have lost the silencer to my exhaust hence it made more noise.... anyone help!!!.. :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
either put the stock one on before going to the ref or cross your fingers and hope you're under 95db. $hitty part is that cops can say you're exhuast is too loud but does not have tools to prove so, thats where they write you a ticket and have it measured at the ref. If you have to Smog at the ref too, make sure that you intakes and stuff are legal otherwise swap them for stock stuff. REF is PITA, gone there a few times w/ my eclipse back in the days.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
^^ Glad I don't live in Cali

But at the same time, all the cool stuff happens in Cali......

Like they always say, gotta pay to play.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
either put the stock one on before going to the ref or cross your fingers and hope you're under 95db. $hitty part is that cops can say you're exhuast is too loud but does not have tools to prove so, thats where they write you a ticket and have it measured at the ref. If you have to Smog at the ref too, make sure that you intakes and stuff are legal otherwise swap them for stock stuff. REF is PITA, gone there a few times w/ my eclipse back in the days.
well yeah.. my exhaust was pretty loud without the silencer... ( i lost it).. but i put the stock one back on... but i hate the sound its giving me... i dont like it....F**k!!... at the muffler shop they'll charge me like 30 bucks to swap it.. and the fix it shouldnt be more than 40bucks... but who knows... know anyplace i can get replacement silencers????

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ Glad I don't live in Cali

But at the same time, all the cool stuff happens in Cali......

Like they always say, gotta pay to play.
yeah... cali does kick ass.. we have the smog... the f****d up streets.. the graffitti.. the major gangs... the thiefs and hollywood.. and tommy's hamburgers on hollywood blvd. and on rampart... :D kick ass!

·
3,453 Posts
Have you been to STL lately? Here. Look at this. http://www.morganquitno.com/safecity.htm

STL most dangerous baby!

Not that I'm proud or anything.....Oh and we have messed up streets and graffiti too. But you've got warm weather ALL year round, not to mention all the shops and companies that sponsor cars..............Who cares about violence when you can get that bodykit 25% off?

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you been to STL lately? Here. Look at this. http://www.morganquitno.com/safecity.htm

STL most dangerous baby!

Not that I'm proud or anything.....Oh and we have messed up streets and graffiti too. But you've got warm weather ALL year round, not to mention all the shops and companies that sponsor cars..............Who cares about violence when you can get that bodykit 25% off?
lol.. by the way i have been to stl... airplane made a pitstop there... then from there to cali... but yeah... cali is ok... right now.. we have rainy/sunny/windy season... sucks a*s but ehhh... theres nothing we can do..

·
3,453 Posts
We should trade places for a year. You'll know what definitely sucks when the winter season comes around.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We should trade places for a year. You'll know what definitely sucks when the winter season comes around.
nah.. im straight... you can take me out the ghetto.. but u cant take the ghetto out of me... besides i dont think my gf would like that idea..

·
3,453 Posts
Hey she could swap with you! That way you guys are together and stuff. I'm tellin' ya, STL's got some good flavor.......Or something....I just wanna live in Cali.....*Sigh*

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey she could swap with you! That way you guys are together and stuff. I'm tellin' ya, STL's got some good flavor.......Or something....I just wanna live in Cali.....*Sigh*
lol... wanna visit cali??... just wait for the gumball 3000 rally race to come around... im not sure where its gonna be at this year... but hey... think some boxes will make it to the run??

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
my thoughts are place the stock one on back yourself. It's very simple to remove and install the muffler on our cars since it's a complete bolt on. Don't waste your money by taking it to a shop.

By the way, the fix it ticket is your lucky ticket in my opinion. If they fine you for the loud exhaust, I've seen the ticket go upwards to a few hundred bucks.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
So i got a ticket for a loud exhaust out here in Los Angeles,CA... but i wanna know if anyone with a db(decibal) meter has measured the noise the exhaust releases... Out here in cali.. the limit is i think 95db... but i seemed to have lost the silencer to my exhaust hence it made more noise.... anyone help!!!.. :(
wherebouts in LA are you? i may have a silencer somewhere here.
BTW, what diameter?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Get a TRD exhaust.. its 50 state emissions legal and also sound level wise..
The TRD exhaust also comes with a certificate that this exhaust meets all state requirements and you can't get a ticket for it...

I have this exhaust and its also has a nice sound to it.. I am sure other members who have this will agree

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got a ticket yesterday afor the same thing, he said your exhaust caought my ear, all i have is strup header and axle back, anywayz i swapped it yesterday for the stock one, like 10-15min to swap, ile take pics and take it to court cuz im not payin jack **** lol. See if they accept that put stock back on take pics of it and check if they can accept that...thats what im doin, he also said there is a 90-95% chance the judge will just sign it off hehehe.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a ticket yesterday afor the same thing, he said your exhaust caought my ear, all i have is strup header and axle back, anywayz i swapped it yesterday for the stock one, like 10-15min to swap, ile take pics and take it to court cuz im not payin jack **** lol. See if they accept that put stock back on take pics of it and check if they can accept that...thats what im doin, he also said there is a 90-95% chance the judge will just sign it off hehehe.
nice.... well as for me... i took it to the muffler shop cus there was alot of cutting on my exhaust system... i made it straight piping from the main catalyc converter.... :( but i have the stock muffler on right now... just doesnt sound the same.. :(

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wherebouts in LA are you? i may have a silencer somewhere here.
BTW, what diameter?
hmmm.. the tip measures 4 inches... i dunno if the silencer u have might fit... and if it does how much? pm me.. :D

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chea... I cleared out my fix it ticket... state referee didnt charge me to check my exhaust with the db meter... and the court charged me 10 bucks to clear my ticket.. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.