Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, one of my coil packs isn't out, but is acting up. Threw up a CEL for about a day and sure enough it was a coil. I have about 160,000 miles on her right now and I can see that a coil pack was changed before I got it so there's no telling how soon the other 2 will go out once I replace the one that is now acting up. I saw this set of 4 at a good price with a warranty, but was just curious if anyone has used this seller before. On the internet, I've always had good luck with the "seems too good to be true" deals despite the "you get what you pay for" saying (knock on wood). But yeah, like I said, just figured I would see if anyone has bought from this seller before. Seems to have good feedback also.

Set of 4 Ignition Coil on Plug Pack for Toyota Prius Echo Yaris Scion XA XB 1 5L | eBay

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
Rockauto has them for 30 each... highly doubt they are any good for 60 for 4....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking at feedback given to them on that specific product and haven't ran into a bad review yet out of the 20 I've seen so far so I'm going to give 'em a try. I'll guinea pig it and give feedback when I get them. Can't be all bad. They have a money back guarantee too. =)

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
That's to bad... funny thing is I can get coil packs for my dodge for 15 bucks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've bought a knock sensor (for my silverado) kit off of ebay for $80 when it was going to cost me $120 from rockauto. 2 years later and they're still going strong. Not saying cheaper is always better, but I've had pretty good luck with top-rated sellers off of ebay. I mean, if they were selling complete junk, their reviews would show it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far so good. In fact, the car has ran better than it ever has. I even bought a $20 MAF sensor just in case that ended up being a problem too. Been running both for 3 days now. I'm starting to wonder if I had a coil pack out when I bought the thing and just didn't know any difference because it's running SO good now. Lol, I'll keep you guys posted. Longevity is the real indicator of quality. Like I said, so far so good.

·
Rescued RS 2.0
819 Posts
That's good.. I'm on the hunt for an injector for my SRT
If it's the same injector as the Xb's, I can help you there.

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
It's not... mine have to flow more fuel to accommodate the boost

1 - 9 of 9 Posts