Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new here, been browsin the forums for about a week now, decided to register up. just bought my first xB about a month ago.

anyways, i noticed that the seats arnt automatic, when you recline you have to pull the seat back up. what the hell is that all about, is this only happening to my xB or everyones?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that bites, i hate having to grab the seat, automatic seats would deffintly be a good investment, maybe swap seats with a lexus or somethin ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Look at all the other wonderful things your box has to offer! Don't worry, you'll get over the seats (I had to also), and we're glad you decided to join us.

BIG WELCOME TO YA!! :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya ive been lookin at all the other things it has to offer, thinking about my first upgrade, not sure wat to do, intake, headers, not sure..

and oh ya, wat do you guys think about that ecu chip that i see everywhere on ebay?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I never really thought about the seats too much, but I do like the fact that they go all the way back (when the headrest is off) and you can take a nap.;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
bcPBox said:
and oh ya, wat do you guys think about that ecu chip that i see everywhere on ebay?
dont use them they are crap.. they make your engine think it has more air runing to it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but wat if i install an intake along with the chip, then it will be gettin more air, no?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Scion-Doll said:
I never really thought about the seats too much, but I do like the fact that they go all the way back (when the headrest is off) and you can take a nap.;)

Wow napping in the box! Id probably get a cramp! :rolleyes:

Good thought tho of having the seats all go down!! ;) Bad for tall ppl tho! haha

·
Registered
354 Posts
bcPBox said:
but wat if i install an intake along with the chip, then it will be gettin more air, no?
Yes will be more air because of intake. but NO the chip will NOT work along with the intake.. the ECU will automatically adjust the fuel usage when you add intake to compensate for more air.. but by adding chip it will "trick" ECU into thinking even more air is being pulled into engine and that will cause more fuel to be used to compensate.. Not a good thing just waste gas.. More fuel does not mean more HP

·
Registered
131 Posts
Resolve said:
Yes will be more air because of intake. but NO the chip will NOT work along with the intake.. the ECU will automatically adjust the fuel usage when you add intake to compensate for more air.. but by adding chip it will "trick" ECU into thinking even more air is being pulled into engine and that will cause more fuel to be used to compensate.. Not a good thing just waste gas.. More fuel does not mean more HP
not to mention that after about 150 miles of driving the ECU will just pretty much overide the resistor cause its not really a chip at all, and then you have just wasted $20 plus all the extra gas your car was dumping in that time to try and re adjust the fuel trim levels via the ECU.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, its waste and a gimmick, plus you waste alot of gas for nothing.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
lean forward and the seat moves forward without you having to grab the seat. and I don't know about you but I fdind how I like my seat and NEVER change it's position. lol.

it is a bottom of the line car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
^^^ its not that its a bottom of the line car but you do get what you pay for. For 15k you can only expect manual seat, thin paint, and less power.

On the flip side, for being so cheap, you get ABS, stability control, power locks, power windows, rear wiper, rear defrog, etc .. etc. etc.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
CBSIMONSEZ said:
^^^ its not that its a bottom of the line car but you do get what you pay for. For 15k you can only expect manual seat, thin paint, and less power.

On the flip side, for being so cheap, you get ABS, stability control, power locks, power windows, rear wiper, rear defrog, etc .. etc. etc.
And those were the very reasons I bought the box in the first place!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I bought it for its' design statement. I just think it is the coolest looking car. I wouldn't have cared what it had on it.

That said, I'm pretty pleased with it in many other ways now that I have it. And I hadn't even noticed the seat deal. But I went from driving a 1977 Ford F100 pickup for five years to a 2006 BOP xB, so I have a warped perspective. In fact, I took old 77 (my old pickup) out to the country this afternoon for the longest drive I've been in it since I got the xB. I went to get a load of mulch for my garden (the xb can't help you out much with 1500 lbs. of hardwood mulch) and it sure felt weird driving that truck after getting used to the xB.

Yahoo!

·
Registered
219 Posts
bcPBox said:
hi im new here, been browsin the forums for about a week now, decided to register up. just bought my first xB about a month ago.

anyways, i noticed that the seats arnt automatic, when you recline you have to pull the seat back up. what the hell is that all about, is this only happening to my xB or everyones?
Sounds to me that the answers you're getting are not to the question. When you say automatic, it sounds like you mean that when you pull up on the side handle, there is no spring action to bring the seat back upright. That is NOT normal. It could be you have a disconnected or broken spring or something is getting in the way of the mechanism. You have the bumper jack and plastic cover for it under the driver's seat. See if something is disconencted or getting in the way. Let me know how you solve it. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
CBSIMONSEZ said:

Yo homey! How you be. I agree with you - you get alot for $15k. Hi to Jen from me and Jes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.